Question about nofollow tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Hello friends,

I have a doubt and maybe someone can help me with this...

I have read in many websites with articles about SEO that google recommends adding the rel="nofollow" to all affiliated links and other website links that we did linkexchange.

What do you think about this?
Do you use this practices in your websites?

And what they mean with affiliated links? adultfriendfinder.com, nastydollars.com etc... Right?
Should I add this tag in all this links in my websites?

P.S. I also read that Google does not care anymore if a link is nofollow or not. Is this true?

Thank you for your help guys!

10 comments
rel nofollow link mean that link will e not crawl by spider (ignored)

if you trade backlink with ouer site and place rel nofollow that site will be not get backlink from your site and that bad deal for link exchange

I'll try to explain it (based on SJ's image).

When you have a website and in posts you have lot of outgoing links, let's say one link goes to Wikipedia, other to YouTube and so on...

Once Google index your page, it will pay attention to outgoing links. Now, if there is no rel="nofollow" tag on those links, it will pass on your "Pagerank juice" to those websites - it will consider those links to be important.

Now, I'm not saying each and every link should be rel="nofollow" but it's a good practice to add it so you won't turn your website into a link farm.

The lesson for today is, keep outgoing links to a minimum and put rel="nofollow" tag on some/most outgoing links to keep PR juice flowing inside your website.

Also, this should be in Whitehat SEO, not Blackhat.

I'd like to addon to the previous comment. By "NOT" using the rel=nofollow attribute, you also don't gain anything since you're not linking to relevant content. Google's algorithm includes page rank boosters for pages that link to useful, and relevant content.

Yes, you will lose some "Page Rank Juice" when you link without the nofollow attribute, but Google will favor your website overall, and your reputation will increase because of it.

Lesson: Link to relevant, useful, enriching content. Don't link to affiliate URLs, boring stuff, or stuff nobody would find useful.

"No-follow" link not suitable for link exchange, googlebot will totally ignore site content. They exists for PR restrictions.

I believe myself that Google always passes PR juice whatever it is dofollow or nofollow tag. Google just creates these tags to confuse webmasters...

I believe myself that Google always passes PR juice whatever it is dofollow or nofollow tag. Google just creates these tags to confuse webmasters...

I would have to agree with this one. We don't have a proof though and Go0gle seems to be telling otherwise.

Nofollow links are also better for a site as such links are also better links than having no links. Nofollow is used not to follow the link for search engines.

NoFollow links are not being indexed by search engines but if you post them right you can attract some good traffic to your website so there is one upside to nofollow links...

nofollow is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML an element to instruct some search engines that the hyperlink should not influence the ranking of the link's target in the search engine's index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back