Status
Not open for further replies.

hitechllc

Hi,

Is there any one knows how to install OS of KVM VPS instantly after creating VPS plugin (modulesgarden plugin)

And how to assign KVM IP by DHCP ??? Example: i have IP blocks already.

4 comments
Hi,

Is there any one knows how to install OS of KVM VPS instantly after creating VPS plugin (modulesgarden plugin)

You don't need to "install" the OS, you would just use a KVM template. It is basically a disk image, which just needs some configuration of hostname, IP addresses, SSH host keys, etc. and then it's ready. Proxmox supports this -- see "VM templates and clones" on proxmox website

Use the routing configuration for DHCP from "Network Model" on Proxmox website (and then configure template to just use DHCP instead of overriding network configuration files).

Hi,

You don't need to "install" the OS, you would just use a KVM template. It is basically a disk image, which just needs some configuration of hostname, IP addresses, SSH host keys, etc. and then it's ready. Proxmox supports this -- see "VM templates and clones" on proxmox website

Use the routing configuration for DHCP from "Network Model" on Proxmox website (and then configure template to just use DHCP instead of overriding network configuration files).

Thank you for you help, I am trying with KVM Template and DHCP.

But new issue is going on Linux disk. I dont know how to extend disk as well. Is there any solution to extend disk at startup ?

Thank you for you help, I am trying with KVM Template and DHCP.

But new issue is going on Linux disk. I dont know how to extend disk as well. Is there any solution to extend disk at startup ?
What storage are you using for the disk (e.g. raw, qcow2, lvm)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back