• No

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Don't Know/Not want to answer

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zes

Hello everyone I'm opening this topic as I've not seen a similar one.
Do you think that Google Pagerank matters?I mean JESUS!We're in 2009 and still care about Google Pagerank with all those warez sites over the net.
Most of the time you type warez or any relevant on google you're only going to get pages of PirateBay,WarezBB,PhazeDDL & Katz.
What's the point to have a high PageRank and appear at page,let's say,330(LOL)
Tell me what you think guyz,
Thanks a lot.B-)

19 comments
add a MEH to the poll.
pagerank just gives you an advantage of selling anchor links to people and also the domain is worth a bit more money when you come round to selling the site (if ever),

I think that pagerank is important for users to know whether the site is good or not in some sort.
When I check sites, not necessarily warez, like for eg hosting sites, I check the pagerank as well to know whether they are "Trustworthy" and well linked on the web.

So yes, I believe it is quite important

The better your google page rank, the higher you are listed in google search results. So in a way, it does matter. However you can target keywords, and use SEO to achieve first page results, even with a low page rank.

I used to have a page rank 4 warez site, and I recieved more traffic from google than from katz or any other DDL site. Now, it's very hard to get a good page rank with a warez site because of all the duplicate content.

The better your google page rank, the higher you are listed in google search results. So in a way, it does matter. However you can target keywords, and use SEO to achieve first page results, even with a low page rank.

I used to have a page rank 4 warez site, and I recieved more traffic from google than from katz or any other DDL site. Now, it's very hard to get a good page rank with a warez site because of all the duplicate content.
wrong...

Pagerank has to do with it but your SERP's are determined by the number of backlinks you have. THe mroe relevant backlinks, the higher you get listed ;)

It would be nice if you would explain what exactly you think is wrong about the statement.

Pagerank has to do with it but your SERP's are determined by the number of backlinks you have. THe mroe relevant backlinks, the higher you get listed ;)

Yeah, it does, but your SERPS aren't determined by just the number of backlinks. They also go by the page rank of site that is backlinking, the website url, keywords, and how relevant your content is to what the user is searching for.

Each search engine has it's own unique algorithm as to how websites are ranked in their search engines.

Also, google will penalize you for certain things such as duplicate content, spamming backlinks, etc. That's why it's hard for a warez site to get a good page rank.

The pagerank has absolutely nothing to do with how your site ranks in SE's.
Your ranking boils down to your content and SEO.. organic traffic from yahoo or live for instace.. you think they use google PR? lol no.

??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you even read what i said!!?

Yes, I read what you said but I was specifically talking about Google Page Rank and ranking in Google, in the original statement. I didn't say anything about Yahoo or MSN Live Search.

oh my god, Search Engines PLURAL..
yes google cares about PR, but does not necessarally mean your rankings will be effected.

This thread is starting to remind of that time there was a 4 page argument in my hosting thread over the meaning of the word offshore. Anyway, let's get back on topic now.

I found this on the internet and it answers the OP's question.

PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results. It isn't the only factor that Google uses to rank pages, but it is an important one.
I'm done posting in this thread.

lol you really had a 4 page arguement about the definition of offshore?

thank you.

No, I didn't. My thread was taken over and went way off topic, just like this one because some people don't realize that a word can have more than 1 meaning and their egos don't allow them to admit that their opinions are not facts. ;)

donotfeedthetroll.png

Why don't you guys hijack everyones thread on WJ?

Either post a useful (ON TOPIC) reply or just view and go.

Well I am not 100% sure but i think it helps to index link at google search. If any site has better rank it will come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back