online job as a medical transcriptionist??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raheelc

hi,

i'm new to the forums, and i was looking into how to make a bit of extra money online. I was hoping some of you here could help me out.

I was looking into doing a part time job as an online medical transcriptionist. I have a medical education background. The issue im having is that i cant seem to find any legitimate sites for where to apply for a job or get one. If someone could point out some sites i'd really appreciate it.

Also, it doesnt necessarily have to be medical transcription. Data entry, or writing various articles is fine too...

thanks in advance!

8 comments
best site ever: google.com

No thanks needed.

(just can't resist to be a smartass)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, welcome to WJ :)

Last edited:
lol thanks for the help! really appreciate it!! (I can't resist to throw in some sarcasm :D)

lol, no but seriously, i've googled it already, and all the sites ive been coming up with dont seem legit to me, or actually aren't legit...thats why i posted here, was hoping someone could point out a few where i could get started from.

and thanks for the welcome!!

You'll find webmasters, coders, uploaders, filehosts, servers, but medics?
That would be even harder task, from searching in google.

You can, however, open your own website, and study SEO a little bit, and write articles for your own site, like 3 articles a week. Put Google ads on your site, and you can start earning, completely legit.

Do some research in Google trends, to find your 'winning keyword' that you will use in your articles.
Red_Arrow_Down_Small.png
Less competition /
Green-Arrow-Up.jpg
Higher volume search ratio per month - win!

Last edited:
Yeah you can easily start a question/answer/article website to share your ideas/experiences into medical.Learn from other and others from you.

That would cost you 4$ for hosting monthly,10$ max for domain and time.But the earning might be high if you catch the niche.

You'll find webmasters, coders, uploaders, filehosts, servers, but medics?
That would be even harder task, from searching in google.

You can, however, open your own website, and study SEO a little bit, and write articles for your own site, like 3 articles a week. Put Google ads on your site, and you can start earning, completely legit.

Do some research in Google trends, to find your 'winning keyword' that you will use in your articles.
Red_Arrow_Down_Small.png
Less competition /
Green-Arrow-Up.jpg
Higher volume search ratio per month - win!

Thanks, i was actually considering starting my own website, i'll look into this a bit further...as for using google ads (adsense), dont they have some sort of minimum qualifications (i.e. how much traffic your site receives) before you can start using it?

Yeah you can easily start a question/answer/article website to share your ideas/experiences into medical.Learn from other and others from you.

That would cost you 4$ for hosting monthly,10$ max for domain and time.But the earning might be high if you catch the niche.

thanks! would it be possible to start a blog (blogger or something of the sort) instead of starting my own website? and the put ads up on the blog? im asking cuz i dont really have any way to pay for hosting and domain name from where im located (Pakistan).

I'd suggest you look for freelancing websites or portals that are specific to medical transcription. They might provide you some leads. I would also suggest you scout your local healthcare centers (doctor offices, hospitals, nursing care facilities, etc.) and check if they are in need of medical transcription services.

You mentioned you have a medical background, but it may still make sense to enroll for a short-term medical transcriptionist training program to sharpen your skills. It is possible to take this training online without burning a huge hole in your pocket, so do consider it!

Last edited:
Good to know you have a medical background, but I think you'd still have to take a certification. Some companies offer this themselves.
Try Flexjobs, Freelancer and as pointed out, Google
It's going to be tough. I'll tell you that though. Coz I remember searching for mine years back. Just hang in there. You'll find one that suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back