Need Something better than Wordpress? Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raylong

So I have a Novel translation website with several works already and I currently using wordpress as a cms to serve my translations. Recently I noticed that Wordpress is slightly slower than normal.

I've read on several novel forums that the big translation like wuxiaworld or gravity tales, and etc. groups have all moved away from wordpress and started using a different cms to serve their content.

I'm curious is there anything better than wordpress for CMS that can serve alot of content with a large amount of traffic.

I definitely know its not the server's issue since i tried over 5 different hosting providers and its been the same for the past 2 months.

Any ideas or suggestions? Much appreciated!

4 comments
Unless your wordpress site has some load-heavy plugins and does intensive processes, it should be fine. I had an experience with a WP site having about 150k visits per day and it did fine on a $8/month VPS. I had to make a custom theme myself for it and only used a single plugin to hide the login/admin URLs, and it had about 130k+ post entries. You should be fine unless you have a much bigger traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back