My website is cloned and live updated. How to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 comments
similiar problem with me, he use proxy so i cant block his ip...only work with under atack mode cloudflare but drop my visitor rapidly

If they're using your RSS feed to grab your site, then try shutting off your RSS feed temporarily to see if that stops they're live updates. Add your websites URL to the post information within your RSS.
It's sometimes quite difficult to stop something like that.

This is a old topic but it easy to block.

original: raredesi.com
cloned: gsm-signalka.ru

You need access to access/error logs for your webserver.
Request a page gsm-signalka.ru?findip

Now gsm-signalka.ru webserver will request a page from your site ?findip, this will throw a 404 error.
Goto your webserver error log and find the IP that has the line ?findip
Block the IP from your site.
You may need to repeat several times if the scraper/mirror site has multiple ips.

This is a old topic but it easy to block.

original: raredesi.com
cloned: gsm-signalka.ru

You need access to access/error logs for your webserver.
Request a page gsm-signalka.ru?findip

Now gsm-signalka.ru webserver will request a page from your site ?findip, this will throw a 404 error.
Goto your webserver error log and find the IP that has the line ?findip
Block the IP from your site.
You may need to repeat several times if the scraper/mirror site has multiple ips.

not only multiple ip, now that bastard using a lot of proxy..so i think manual block his ip not working anymore

Hate to say it but you're never going to stop or prevent or stop someone from scraping your site. It's trivial to rotate through 100s of proxies without paying a cent. And the cloudflare page does NOT stop bots, nor is it intended to stop bots. If you turn it on while you aren't actually under some sort of attack (scraping is not an attack unless it's flooding) all you're going to do is annoy your userbase. The only real thing you could attempt here is a legal case from a copyright angle. But even that is unrealistic.

You can use nginx config file to rewrite all requests that coming from his domain to yours instead since his loading data from your server, Its the best if not the only solution vs proxy.

Sorry i couldn't find my config file since i closed my website more than a year ago
Just use something like this :

Code:
rewrite https://proxy-domain.com/$  https://your-domain.com permanent;

A proxy website need to load data from your server, therefor he ll send requests to your server and that's where nginx comes in
So just think of it as its your domain instead

you can even rewrite all his requests to a popups, make money out of it why not :p

You can even add it to your google webmaster and Request its links to be removed form search engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back