Status
Not open for further replies.

nYXem

I have heard lots people saying Scrapebox blasts always lead to a Google penalty or sandbox. I thought for a while, and did my own bit of research on this. I won't say I'm a Black Hat SEO pro or whatever, but a study is a study, whoever does it.

Started on 2nd July.
Ended on 13th August.

I selected two sites.
Lets call them Site1 and Site2 for making things simple. I would rather not mention their names. And neither of them is my site.
I kept a track of their ranking on Google for few weeks, and found out that they were stiff competitors. They were almost always back to back on search results for a common keyword they were targeting. When I started both were on page 3 of Google results of that particular keyword. Please note that I used only Google.com for this research, didn't bother about regional Google search results.
I blasted Site1 at a stable rate, like 2K per day, and blasted Site2 at an insane rate, with regular pings while Site1's backlinks were not pinged at all. I thought Site1 will have better results than Site2 one because its backlinks will look much more organic to Google and Site2's backlinks will look like spam. But I was wrong! Right now Site1 is the 6th result on page 1, but site 2 is at No.2 position!!

Also please note that this whole process took more than a month and during this period, I didn't notice any change in the two websites, I mean no change in their on site SEO configurations. And I don't think I missed any. They were always and same and are still the same.

Now...
Does Google really care how fast you build your backlinks? Or it only cares whether you are building backlinks or not? I think its the second one to some extent.

That's all.
All comments and constructive criticisms are welcome.

Regards

47 comments
@snowmanrene: Did you see I mentioned that I pinged all the backlinks of Site2? Oh well, I should tell you this as well, I created RSS feeds of those backlinks and submitted to RSS aggregators, and almost all of them got indexed by search engines pretty quickly. So why wait for another 6-8 months? They got indexed means Google already knows about them, and they will penalize the site after 6-8 months? Why would they be so reluctant to bang the site? No. They would have done so already if they really wished.

You aren't the only person using such methods and as such Google cannot catch all persons instantly. Will take some time for them to realize.

You may or may not be penalized, it all depends on if Google finds out...simple.

@ Snow, if that's true, I would go with blackhat methods and live on the top for six months, better than live for ever in the bottom

Unless, I do white hat from the beginning ;)

You aren't the only person using such methods and as such Google cannot catch all persons instantly. Will take some time for them to realize.

You may or may not be penalized, it all depends on if Google finds out...simple.
If Google finds out? LOL. They have, already. They have already found out that suddenly the backlinks for a particular site is growing at an extremely fast rate.
Trust me, I have never seen a single site getting sandboxed because of Scrapebox blasts, I have looked into lots of Black hat SEO forums, never seen a single site facing this. But I have seen few sites getting sandboxed for On site black hat SEO. Off site black hat seo is far more safe.

Actually the OP can be right. If google actually penalized a site because of rapid growth in off-site backlinks, wouldn't everyone blast a competitor's site just to get it sandboxed?

I've seen similar threads elsewhere that say the same as this one.
Right. I have seen similar threads as well. But tried it myself in order to verify its genuineness. May be it depends a bit on the niche too, I have no idea what niche others tried.

Actually the OP can be right. If google actually penalized a site because of rapid growth in off-site backlinks, wouldn't everyone blast a competitor's site just to get it sandboxed?
Exactly!

I'm not saying you WILL get penalized nor am I criticizing your research.
All I'm saying is give it some time, and then check the results again. This will give enough time for all the data to be solid.

I have nothing against Scrapebox or Xrumer, both can be used in conjunction with white-hat techniques to achieve Search Engine dominance. You just need to know how to use them.

Cheers.

I'm not saying you WILL get penalized nor am I criticizing your research.
All I'm saying is give it some time, and then check the results again. This will give enough time for all the data to be solid.

I have nothing against Scrapebox or Xrumer, both can be used in conjunction with white-hat techniques to achieve Search Engine dominance. You just need to know how to use them.

Cheers.
Okay mate I got you <3

you built links. you're on top. don't stop building and hold your position. harvest and build from now on as well.

Google never lookafter of these scam site's. If it was monitoring them then there were never a bunch of scam site's whenever we search on google. Actually scam sites are using too many robot software to be on no. 1 position. I have seen so many scam sites which are easily searchable than of the genuine one's. No search engine can help it because they have very fast software updates.

It's not as simple as the original poster is making it out to be. I've had about 20 sites penalized for different things over the last 6 months.. I do buy old domains very cheap, set up websites in controlled environments just to test different SEO techniques. It's a hobby of mine seeing how far I can push Google. It's like how car manufactures constantly crash new cars to see how they react in a controlled accident to get data. Of all the sites banned none have ever being penalized in the first month. They were all between 2 and 6 months. Furthermore testing just two websites is not near enough. I have a minimum of ten sites in every experiment I do.

No offence but any proof of these 20 penalized sites?? Also I thought you were strictly whitehat...?

Google is not gonna penalize you for backlinks.. It may not add value for poor quality backlinks but it will NOT sandbox you... If this was the case I would spend all day doing reverse SEO on people I didn't like or competition and there would be next to no need to even bother with my own SEO as I would simply wipe out all the competition....

No offence but any proof of these 20 penalized sites?? Also I thought you were strictly whitehat...?
eLight is aware of some of the sites and tests I do and the results of my research as are some other respected webmasters. I won't be listing domains or information gathered publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back