Is there anyway to reduce Paypal Fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnervps_cs

Well...as you have noted that paypal's fee is ridiculous. 4.4% + $0.3
How do I avoid this?
My friend have tried using 'sending money' instead of using their checkout web-based system (usually I do this), but they also charged the same fee for it (so i received money after deducted by the fee).

Is there someone else having the same situation?
Should i enter 'personal payment' for sending payment? (but i doubt it will work)
Another thing is does paypal know that i was changing the methods (because my friends email is still the same), so that's why they charged it the same way.

Thanks

Last edited:
6 comments
Hi,
Paypal dose not track your friend email for such purpose.
If you receive payments as a gift you wont pay any fee. If you pass certain amount of received money per month (for 3 months), like more than $5k, the fee will be changed.

Hi,
Paypal dose not track your friend email for such purpose.
If you receive payments as a gift you wont pay any fee. If you pass certain amount of received money per month (for 3 months), like more than $5k, the fee will be changed.

I think he had already done that. Is this what you mean? (attached)
pyapla.png

When you have a buisness account & you recive high transactions monthly , paypal may reduce fees for you ;)

regards

Also remember and keep in mind that Friends & Family payments sent are not covered by any protection from PayPal. As long as the person the transaction is with is legit and trust worthy you should be good. I've done a few transactions by these means with trusted people but just a quick thought if you didn't already know or were unaware.

Is There Any Way to Reduce Paypal Fees?

Hi, for what I have read, Paypal gives merchant discount rates, apparently, it is one way where you can save by earning cash back on your transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back