Status
Not open for further replies.

facethewind

I don't post on forums but I am thinking of starting.
I prefer to work with PPS but I am worried because I think it's hard to get sales by posting on forums.
There are leechers who repost your stuff and most forums force you to post free download links.
If you are getting good sales by posting on forums, can you share any tips or advice?
Are there any forums that don't care if you post only premium links?
Thanks.

Last edited:
16 comments
Sales for the last yr have been way down with multi download services you pay $25 for 6 month to download from 60 to 75 file host and get torrent downloading

I prefer to work with PPS but I am worried because I think it's hard to get sales by posting on forums.
There are leechers who repost your stuff and most forums force you to post free download links.
If you are getting good sales by posting on forums, can you share any tips or advice?
Thanks.

I post more than 50 forums, but sale is very slow. I got 70% sales from my site.

Some forum, I never get one sale for 2 years.

I think post on forum is good for google search. If you have website, update daily, many user will go to your website everyday. Many people don't like view megathread on forums.

With me, post on forum is good if you have new site, and want many people know your site.

After long term (2~3 month) , I think you will choose some forum have many people view your thread and continue post that forum and remove some forum. It save your time.

Many people like download free, If you have link free, many people will go to your post, your site. Many people reg with your link. and then, maybe they will buy pre. I'll increase your rank site.

You can't fight some leecher repost your link. They can buy premium acc to download and repost it. I think post with link premium + free is better. Many people know your site it mean you'll get more sale. You can del link free after a time.

Sr about my bad English.

If you get good sales with your site, the key to using forums to your advantage is coming to an agreement with forum admins that lets you post a link to your site in your forum sig, in exchange with posting a link on your site to the forum. Then try posting good content at least once daily to a well viewed megathread.

Only a handful of people will click the outbound link on your site to the forum, but by contrast you should get tons of hits to your site from the forum.

Time to do some sleuthing, find out who it is, and IP ban them.
If they're reporting your datafile files, your Complaints section gives the IP address of who is reporting them.

Time to do some sleuthing, find out who it is, and IP ban them.
If they're reporting your datafile files, your Complaints section gives the IP address of who is reporting them.

Yea I thought of that but it's easy to change IP, use proxy/vpn, and the troll has friends that are checking my site.
I need some good ideas.

To block proxies, add the following to .htaccess
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]# block proxy servers from site access
[/COLOR]# http://perishablepress.com/press/2008/04/20/how-to-block-proxy-servers-via-htaccess/

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:VIA}                 !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:FORWARDED}           !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:USERAGENT_VIA}       !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X_FORWARDED_FOR}     !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION}    !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:XPROXY_CONNECTION}   !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_PC_REMOTE_ADDR} !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_CLIENT_IP}      !^$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F]

Use "deny from" rules in htaccess to block entire networks
Use Wordfence blocking.
Use a plugin such as Bad Behavior that will block most Tor access.
Change '503 Forbidden' error pages to '404 Not Found' pages so they don't even know they were blocked.
Use a free service like clicky.com to monitor & log all site visitors, or set up alerts for when certain people visit.

Nothing is foolproof but you have to start fighting back.

I want to stop posting on my site cuz I got some troll who's been reporting my files everyday.
I guess it was not trolls but your competitors or uploaders who upload the same contents as you. the only way to stop them is just keep posting every day in your site and replace old posts with broken links. sooner or later these idiots will fed up to report your links every day.

I want to stop posting on my site cuz I got some troll who's been reporting my files everyday.
I guess it was not trolls but your competitors or uploaders who upload the same contents as you. the only way to stop them is just keep posting every day in your site and replace old posts with broken links. sooner or later these idiots will fed up to report your links every day.
Yea but I heard you can get banned for too many DMCA reports. So I would rather post in places where it's less likely to get DMCA reports.

Yea but I heard you can get banned for too many DMCA reports. So I would rather post in places where it's less likely to get DMCA reports.

Don't worry about DMCA, as I know rarely host banned you if you post file DMCA. They just del it. I think all of file or movie which store of host is break the rule DMCA except you post yourself. I get more than 20 files DMCA everyday.

At first time, maybe someone try report DMCA from you. You just repost the link. I think many people don't have many time to report you forever. You can disable RSS, they have just go to your site and report your link (it means they have many time to report your link). Or you can don't post link with file name, use shorten link (but many user don't linke link down with shorten link).

If some host del file DMCA to faster, you can change file host.

Nowaday, many company have Group DMCA reporter , they try to find report the link to the host. But some host they don't review after file was reported. They just del it. So you don't worry about file del about DMCA. Just post new file everyday. Many will update your site and you will many sale.

But some host ignore DMCA report. You will find out them. They just delete file if it is exactly from producer.

Add a small captcha if the same user tries to download too many links (more links then what a normal downloader should download). When the trolls (or competitors) will be forced to input captcha then it's no fun anymore.

Thanks.

For the most part I've found that forums generally have a high level of traffic associated with them, however their overall security and SEO tends to be inferior when compared to the blog style DDL site (meaning wordpress).

If you own your own blog site it makes it possible to fuck with not only the low life "DDL Jockies" who just re-upload other shit to other file hosts but also the DMCA trolls. For both of these low-life user types I have systems in place that detect their traffic in my servers' access.log files and redirects them to http 404 pages and/or DDL links to 5GB sparse text files (so they think they're downloading files but in reality they're just repeatedly downloading 5GB files jam packed with random text characters).

Also for combating low life "DDL Jockies" who just re-upload other shit to other file hosts you should take into consideration the download bandwidth cap placed on premium accounts. For example one file host may offer unlimited downloading while another file host limits it to 10GB a day. The 10GB a day file host makes it harder for "DDL Jockies" to impact the integrity of the files your uploading by re-uploading them elsewhere. Feel free to check out my site which cleanly displays the maximum download bandwidth for anon/free/prem accounts over a 24 hour period: Welcome to FileHostReview | File Host Review

Google yields plenty of traffic right away for blog sites so within a few weeks you should expect roughly equal amount of traffic as you would have gotten from existing forum communities. If you've never run your own website or have little experience doing so then my suggestion would be to pick up a cheap VPS from KnownSRV (Kruno is active on this forum and hes THE BEST VPS host on here) and set yourself up with WordPress.

Be careful with premium only, most forums don't allow it because it immediately strips away whats called "Fair Use". Meaning that your straight up selling content, if they're available for free download then it gives you some safe harbor under "Fair Use" as its for "archival non-profit purposes". Premium only vs free download availability doesn't change the outcome of DMCA vulnerability, but if someone were to theoretically try to sue you then it could be something to give your legal defense to work with.... (If you want to read more see the Sony vs Betamax Case on wikipedia). <- This is not legal advice, just my own two cents.

Add a small captcha if the same user tries to download too many links (more links then what a normal downloader should download). When the trolls (or competitors) will be forced to input captcha then it's no fun anymore.

I like this idea but how can you implement this?
Or something similar like 'if leecher views x amount of posts, he gets redirected to a page telling him to come back tomorrow'..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back