How to transfer all movies from old video server to new video server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellaf

Does anyone know how to transfer all movies from old video server to new video hosting server?
Is it possible?
Example: OPENLOAD (old) to GOUNLIMITED (new)
example purpose only.

14 comments
yes, they have both api.
great, so let some developer write a script for you to transfer them if remote upload from Old Host to New Host is supported, otherwise you need to rent a vps/dedi server to host the files during the transfer
Old Host -> vps/dedi-> New Host

great, so let some developer write a script for you to transfer them if remote upload from Old Host to New Host is supported, otherwise you need to rent a vps/dedi server to host the files during the transfer
Old Host -> vps/dedi-> New Host
i have a vps server (unlimited)

Well, there are some options:

1) If you don't have too many videos its better to reupload from your PC. Because after each upload they got encoded and after encoding they loose quality.

2) Remote upload. Any normal video hosting service accepts remote upload. The difference is in quantity. Some allow up to 500 links and some only 10.

3) Using their specific service for that. I remember Verystream had option to import files from openload. It was very quick and comfortable.

4) Write or ask someone to write a Software that uses API of websites. He must get links from one server and send for uploading to another.

1) If you don't have too many videos its better to reupload from your PC. Because after each upload they got encoded and after encoding they loose quality.

2) Remote upload. Any normal video hosting service accepts remote upload. The difference is in quantity. Some allow up to 500 links and some only 10.

3) Using their specific service for that. I remember Verystream had option to import files from openload. It was very quick and comfortable.

4) Write or ask someone to write a Software that uses API of websites. He must get links from one server and send for uploading to another.
Very well said. Thanks for this suggestion.

only 4) is usable
if 1) was the case he would be done this already
2) i doubt if Host B will accept this, but let OP say what host is he talking about
3) i doubt this too
so remains 4)

only 4) is usable
if 1) was the case he would be done this already
2) i doubt if Host B will accept this, but let OP say what host is he talking about
3) i doubt this too
so remains 4)
I'm trying remote upload 10 files at a time. This options good so far. Fast and stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back