How make video hosting service?

wlluminati

How can an average person start video streaming service? Or do all streaming services belong to file hosting providers?

Let's say one user can upload up to 1 TB of videos. It's quite possible for a website to have thousands of users. This means a website must handle petabytes of data! I have never seen a hosting service which offers to handle such amount of data.

7 comments
Same as with most things in life: have enough money. You have to be able to afford the initial investment. That means buying the software and servers required, and probably hire staff or freelancers for certain things (support, development, security, etc). And yes, a single server won't cut it.

Same as with most things in life: have enough money. You have to be able to afford the initial investment. That means buying the software and servers required, and probably hire staff or freelancers for certain things (support, development, security, etc). And yes, a single server won't cut it.
which hosting can offer 10 Petabyte of SSD?

ask any hosting provider and youll see that you need atleast 25k minimum to invest.
sounds like alot, but when you look at it when they get paid say $200 per 10,000 views/ads, they payout $40 per 10,000 views, and they also shave vpn views etc, it doesnt take long before they make their money back. easily a few months if the users get enough views.

the best video making websites are
  • vimeo
  • premium video hosting site
  • wista
  • sprout video
  • jetpack video
Thank you! but I asked just hosting services to make my own video streaming service :)

ask any hosting provider and youll see that you need atleast 25k minimum to invest.
sounds like alot, but when you look at it when they get paid say $200 per 10,000 views/ads, they payout $40 per 10,000 views, and they also shave vpn views etc, it doesnt take long before they make their money back. easily a few months if the users get enough views.
Thank you! very informative.

How can an average person start video streaming service? Or do all streaming services belong to file hosting providers?

Let's say one user can upload up to 1 TB of videos. It's quite possible for a website to have thousands of users. This means a website must handle petabytes of data! I have never seen a hosting service which offers to handle such amount of data.
you need a good dedicated server with real 1Gbps line.. all rest is easy.. putting a software etc..

Back