Free University grade education

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
I wasn't expecting 213 free courses, what's the course structure and content like for the one that you're taking?

EDIT: They're given by reputable universities too, that's great!

Its pretty good: video lectures, slides, problem sets. Exams and Tests for assesments (peer marked, computer marked or assesor marked depending on the subject).

Very similar to the subjects I did last year at an actual university. Ive only been at it for a week so I cant speak about exams or anything but so far its pretty cool. Takes about 6-10 hours a week for me to do my Cryptography work (about an hour each night after work, and the rest on the weekend).

I dont think there is anything for that category, atleast not that I can see. There are 213 courses at the moment, just less than 100 of which are CompSci.

This is an awesome idea, but what's the credibility of the course to the employee entities?

edit: after a deeper look, I'm liking it even more, the subjects are really great, useful and the only problem is picking the one I like the most.

Answering to my own question, the courses might be seen as a workshop organized by reputable organizations - specially considering it takes some weeks.

Last edited:
The certificate of completion can be written as a "certificate in" providing you dont say certificate I/II etc as that could be confused as TAFE.

I think it shows that you are dedicated enough to spend your time bettering yourself, should be valued highly.. expecially when paired with work experience and a university degree.

Completed a Robotics course from GeorgiaTech. Was good, it's like normal university courses. In fact, I sometimes found it better than my own school's online courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back