Status
Not open for further replies.

REAK

Alright,

I dont usually do this, but here it goes out to all the stupid and dumbos who have no idea what "offshore" means and are providing dedicated servers, hosting to the clients.

So here it goes, Just a disclaimer before i start "This is my personal opinion and doesn't reflect the company's policy or their associated companies, I am representing here."

Ok, So a few search terms "Is France offshore ?", "Is Netherlands Offshore ?", "We have servers in fucking hong kong, You can host what you want its really offshore !" and other bull shit.
It's all simply fucking bull shit.

No host, No server is OFFSHORE !!

Do you even mean what offshore is ?, Offshore means to host outside the country.
Now for any person in US, Even Mexico is offshore.

So how is it used in hosting ?, Well by advertising Offshore the company simply wants to fool the people.
Back to "Nothing is Offshore thing".

One simple thing if you're hosting anything illegal, one day or other they will get you.
No business would protect you !, No business would take your lawsuit on them and fight for you !!

All hosting companies use US based transit provider for majority of connectivity, If the host does nothing, not even with the lawsuit.
They will simply move to the upstream provider and ask them to terminate the connection of the said IP.
I wont go into details of IP Transit or anything, If anyone wants to argue more. Leave in comments, I'll explain it in another post as it goes way more technical.

Example time you say ?

I am picking a provider here, Since he has moved out of Europe saying "It's not real offshore".
So here it goes, THe provider is using "AS133398 TELE-AS Tele Asia Limited,HK"
Which is using the following transits :

ASNName
AS58779 i4HK Limited
AS21412UAB "Cgates"
AS9304Hutchison Global Communications

Ah nice, All our companies around HK / LT. So you are supposed to be offshore !

Let's pull a network, AS9304 Hutchison Global Communications

They are using :

ASNName
AS2914NTT America, Inc.
AS6939Hurricane Electric, Inc.
AS15412Flag Telecom Global Internet AS
AS6453TATA COMMUNICATIONS (AMERICA) INC
AS4635Hong Kong Internet Exchange--Route Server 1
AS9002RETN Limited
AS8928Interoute Communications Limited
AS20485TransTelecom
AS31133OJSC MegaFon
AS9498Bharti Airtel Ltd

Alright, so there you go.

This simply explains internet, Everything is connected !!

I have just covered networking part, and how easy is to take down a website.
I have been in this for too long, Hosting corporate business clouds to shady filehosting site. So I'm not a n00b running webhosting like the majority of here.

I haven't even talked about lawsuits, Just get a lawyer friend and claim that its your material and fax the host.
See how fast the website goes offline, Even with the fake abuse report. (Yes works even in Africa!)

Questions are welcome, But I am not online here much so can take a while before I answer !
Found it boring and too long ?, I dont give a damn, Im high and have speed of 130WPM !, and I aint no writer aswell.

As a 9gagger, I would give you the ocassional "Love Potato" for the long post !

potato-nutritional-facts.jpg

Last edited:
19 comments
I didn't bother to read the full thread as it is poorly written. Anyways, what you are saying is absolutely right. The thing is people do not understand that a simple court order from the datacenter's country can render their server/website being suspended. Although some datacenters do not follow foreign complains unless properly indicated about the infringement. The complain has to be originated from the legal authority so that the datacenter can take appropriate actions.

So guys, there is no thing as offshore. You can even host your illegal website on a US server. But as soon as you get complains regarding specific pages, just delete/hide them ? This will save you from alot of problems.

No host is safe guys ;) Just ways to tackle the problem is what needed :)

Woah ! what a long Post........But that's a Bitter truth for all Webmasters.
If you some thing illegal ... you will be caught for sure.
No datacenter , location , Internet provider can secure you from your illegal activities.

It depends on the type of content someone is putting on the server, if the resources of the company or person that owns the copyright is low than the risk factor is also low. If its a small company they aren't going to go to Russia to file a lawsuit to get the info of the person behind it. They will just give up.

It depends on the type of content someone is putting on the server, if the resources of the company or person that owns the copyright is low than the risk factor is also low. If its a small company they aren't going to go to Russia to file a lawsuit to get the info of the person behind it. They will just give up.
Exactly. Well said (y)

you are right but its not so easy to bring a upstream provider to disconnect dc

Wanna bet ?

Depends on how much they are loosing, MPAA, RIAA are famous for going any lengths !

Last edited:
Hosting at home, It cannot only be taken down but can even get you arrested. (Unless you live in Iran / Iraq where copyright laws does not exist)

Wanna bet ?

Depends on how much they are loosing, MPAA, RIAA are famous for going any lengths !

There are loads of "warez" content that isn't associated with the MPAA and RIAA and the people that own the content aren't able to sue over. And then there is also warez that isn't even copyrighted.

Wanna bet ?

There are loads of "warez" content that isn't associated with the MPAA and RIAA and the people that own the content aren't able to sue over. And then there is also warez that isn't even copyrighted.

The annoying thing is they can still file DMCA report and most filehosts will just delete the files automatically.

The annoying thing is they can still file DMCA report and most filehosts will just delete the files automatically.

The filehosts are lazy, its easy to delete a bunch of files than to review the dmca or if they don't know the type of content well they will delete instead of ignore.

You seem like the majority of the people is hosting CP on their servers...

The term "offshore" here is usually assigned to free DMCA complaint provider

Whats the best methods to hide tracerouting "tracks", so the majority of newbs cant find where the site is actually hosted?
Only by reverse proxy?

Last edited:
Funny to see how many people here say there is no Offshore location possible while they´re already selling this type of services (With more or less "security/privacy")

Offshore & Bulletproof datacenters exists thats why Internet isn´t a safe place to be. DMCA is just a political jobbery to satisfy Hollywood lobby.

Last edited:
Never heard the name of Siddhartha Ramakrishnan I guess ?

Nvm, You guys make blondes in WJ smart xD

LOL, arrest me?

LOL.

How old are you to actually think that'll happen? 9?

Funny to see how many people here say there is no Offshore location possible while they´re already selling this type of services (With more or less "security/privacy")

Offshore & Bulletproof datacenters exists thats why Internet isn´t a safe place to be. DMCA is just a political jobbery to satisfy Hollywood lobby.

You sir are blonde, if not better dye !

Wanna bet ?

Out of the whole discussion, I only find your replies/comments to be more reliable. Good (y) I will admire you.

Actually illegal content can't be hosted any where in the world. But actually offshore means where the provider doesn't act as aggressive. USA provider terminate an account where a DMCA file has been claimed. But who tell that they are offshore, just pressurize the webmaster to remove that content without terminating account. It depends upon law enforcement agency whether they will force the law or just look over the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back