Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Administrator
Staff member
If you wish to discuss the new rules which have been introduced, you can do so using this thread.

Thanks.

38 comments
It's amazing how exact they are, every little thing is described in exact detail about what should be done and how. Sort of like somebody putting a notice on a toilet telling you exactly how to urinate (take off boxers, take out your penis, point the penis at the toilet, etc). Anyway I hope people follow them, will make the forum look a lot more "neat".

InfoBot said:
Add to this the starting price of your service. Prices must be in denominations of 50 cents. So if your starting price is $6.99, in the thread title, this must be rounded off to $7. In the thread title, it must be in the format "from $7/month", so the thread title becomes "SuperHosting.com - cPanel, 5GB space, 100GB bandwidth from $7/month".

It is mandatory that you include "from" and "/month".

I'm happy that I comply with your new rules - however I feel as if they restrict all users too much. I understand that rules are needed but I think these have been taken too far.

new rule: if your dick is 12.5cm you better cut off that 0.5cm.

every mm counts! so does every cent, its a marketing thing and shouldn't be a mood for fucked up moderator/supmod/admin

Just for this

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/e/md6kBz.png[/slide]

You guys gave me a good laugh the new rules rock xD

What is the point of further "New Rules" when members don't even read/use/follow the ones here now?

When members report posts they are at times never dealt with, so these new rules will just be left undealt with too.

Great start,

This is a great start of building WJunction into a more suttle, versatile and professional forum. The WHMCS rule started it off, now this is a next step.

We need more mods to handle the new rules imo there is going to be a lot more rules broken,

DLow For President guys remember xD

Maybe impliment the mod on vbulletin of having new users having to view and agree to the rules of Wjunction,there would be no excuses that way for not reading them

Good rules, that whole section has been a mess for a while. :)

@image - bade idea, I never read sites that have them like that, and actually annoys me so a less chance of me coming back.

well i think with teh popularity of Wjunction that wouldnt be an issue here. And if someone isnt going to take a moment to read the rules is that the type of members we really need here?

What iMage suggests merely eliminates the excuse "Oh, I wasn't aware" as we slam the rules right in front of their face.

Whether or not they chose to follow, well we all know what that road is like.

I'm not too bothered as it doesn't affect me and I avoid that area but you could have a simple mod for that area.

eg when making a topic you normally have to enter the title and then the content text.

For that area they could be made enter the Hosting url, the price per month, the location of the servers and then the regular content of the page.

The mod would then just generate the title from the Hosting url, price and location.
eg
USA - MyHostingCompany.com from $8 per month
Germany - Something.net from $3 per month.

You could have other boxes too to enter different information if you wanted. Hell you could even make it more advanced so you could search by hosting type etc.

That way you'd get every single title the exact same. I could make this mod in like 15 minutes if needed and it would solve all the problems. Staff would still be able to override if required of course.

Any thoughts?

Most of the points are stupid.. Yes, some extra rules about the titles should be implemented, but this is a little too much! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back