Status
Not open for further replies.

balak

Banned
Banned
Hi, I'm looking for 100% bulletproof domain registrar, that won't take down my domain, even if they receive take down notice.

Thanks for tips

13 comments
I find it funny how when you want a bulletproof registrar people respond with registrars based in the USA... :))

You should try offshore registrars.

Katzglobal.com - Singapore, they don't keep any whois data since they don't even ask for your address.
Nic.ru - Russia
vunic.vu - Vanuatu
Internet.bs - bahamas, it's a good reliable provider, unsure whether they'd be happy about ignoring dmcas tho.

The best option is to buy a country gTLD such as .md, .ru, .ph, .nu etc.

Make sure the registrar isn't based in the USA and also make sure the server ip isn't located in the USA and then you will be safe pretty much. (example, tonic.to is a tonga registrar BUT it's located and based in the USA therefore they can take it down).

IIL feetrice

Sound more like you want to SPAM. If you run a fowl of the law they are all going to take you down... every last on of them.

GoDaddy has 35 million customers. No one is even close.

Real Businesses use GoDaddy.

http://domainnamewire.com/2012/02/23/survey-says-godaddy-is-top-domain-registrar/

I laugh when people recommend NameCheap, because if your domain goes down you can't even call them and ask why. You submit and email and hope someone gets back to you.

But it's your money to throw away.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I find it funny how when you want a bulletproof registrar people respond with registrars based in the USA... :))

You should try offshore registrars.

Katzglobal.com - Singapore, they don't keep any whois data since they don't even ask for your address.
Nic.ru - Russia
vunic.vu - Vanuatu
Internet.bs - bahamas, it's a good reliable provider, unsure whether they'd be happy about ignoring dmcas tho.

The best option is to buy a country gTLD such as .md, .ru, .ph, .nu etc.

Make sure the registrar isn't based in the USA and also make sure the server ip isn't located in the USA and then you will be safe pretty much. (example, tonic.to is a tonga registrar BUT it's located and based in the USA therefore they can take it down).

I must agree. If you want to skirt the law you definitely do not want a US Based registrar.

Hi, I'm looking for 100% bulletproof domain registrar, that won't take down my domain, even if they receive take down notice.

Thanks for tips

Doesn't exist. Some might claim otherwise but everything ultimately goes trough ICANN which is based in the US and thus subject to the US law. The registrar is irrelevant, although some will be better than others.

Having said that, there is a way around that if traffic is irrelevant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back