XFilesharing Official Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibsoft

Corporate Membership
Hello Everyone.

We're the authors of XFilesharing file sharing script. Feel free to post your questions here. We will be happy to help you.

Here's the short description for those who never heard about our script:

XFilesharing Pro is an advanced solution for creating professional file sharing services. It can be installed on any virtual/shared or dedicated Linux hosting. You can customize look and feel of your site with basic knowledge of HTML and place banners, adsense or other type advertisement on its pages. You also can quickly monetize your service selling premium accounts.

By the way, if you already purchased script by yourself - you can give your affiliate link to your friend and you will get 10% from your friend's purchase.

Check official product page: https://sibsoft.net/xfilesharing.html

Thanks
Sibsoft Team

Last edited:
181 comments
Check our new Desktop File Manager. Your users will not need browser anymore.

Featuers:

- Windows and Mac OS X compatible
- Already tied to your domain and it can't be changed
- Automatically load your heading logo
- Automatically load your favicon
- Multi-threaded upload
- HTTP Proxy support
- Upload/Rename/Delete Files
- Copy folder contents (links and BB codes) to the clipboard.

uploaderfm-win.png

uploaderfm-mac.png

Android File Manager is coming soon...

I'm going to ask this question.

I recently accessed a website using your script. All of the users' passwords were visible in PLAIN TEXT in the admin section when editing a user. Why?

I took the liberty of making a "mod" to retrieve every single one of the 40,000 users' username and password. They have you to thank for that.

There's absolutely no reason passwords should be reversible and definitely no reason for them to be visible. Ever.

Last edited:
I recently accessed a website using your script. All of the users' passwords were visible in PLAIN TEXT in the admin section when editing a user. Why?
There's absolutely no reason passwords should be reversible and definitely no reason for them to be visible. Ever.
by default its not visible, go and check demo on their site

It shouldn't be an option nor even possible. Do you not get the point? Of course it's not working on the demo. Why would it?

It shouldn't be an option nor even possible. Do you not get the point? Of course it's not working on the demo. Why would it?

There's even no such option. Most likely that's sort of site owner "custom modification".

Because it's terrible, that's why.

I find it insanely amusing that one of the features you list is the use of a favicon and a header logo.
Your target audience must have the IQ of a rock if they buy into that crap.

Automatic favicon loading, its a damn <link> tag in the html header, my grandparents could do that themselves.

You charged $250 to install FCGI and $200 to install nginx. Both are a 5 min job each, you could pay some crappy freelance server admin to do it for $30, if that. Your customers are paying for your mistakes because you didn't code it right in the first place.

P.S. I don't usually feel the need to say such things in a support thread, but I can't simply sit by and watch while people waste their money on such ridiculous items. Not to mention the fact that its about as secure as a candian jail (youtube.com/watch?v=3NNS_tLXBUQ).

Because it's terrible, that's why.

I find it insanely amusing that one of the features you list is the use of a favicon and a header logo.
Your target audience must have the IQ of a rock if they buy into that crap.

Automatic favicon loading, its a damn <link> tag in the html header, my grandparents could do that themselves.

Sorry, but you'd better learn how to read properly instead of making comments about target aduience IQ.
These features (favicon and logo loading) were announced in post about Desktop Uploader, not the script itself. I hope you understand difference between desktop application and HTML page?

You charged $250 to install FCGI and $200 to install nginx. Both are a 5 min job each, you could pay some crappy freelance server admin to do it for $30, if that. Your customers are paying for your mistakes because you didn't code it right in the first place.

No problem, go ahead and do that for $30 and 5 minutes, with all those features announced for these mods. And do not forget to provide support each time when site admin or hired "professional" like you will break something again.
And not sure why are you talking about some fictional mistakes when talking about script mods, which are in fact extra functionality.

P.S. I don't usually feel the need to say such things in a support thread, but I can't simply sit by and watch while people waste their money on such ridiculous items. Not to mention the fact that its about as secure as a candian jail (youtube.com/watch?v=3NNS_tLXBUQ).

Actually, you keep saying bad words about xfilesharing in every thread where "xfilesharing" keyword appears - just checked your recent posts. Looks like you have your own interest. Your groundless comments about favicon and logo proves that. Maybe you're competitor script developer? Anyway - that's just your opinion, no more. We're not going to argue with you here.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I always read properly, never imply I do not.

So let's see, you're charging $200 to "(yum|apt-get) install nginx" and do a few alterations to nginx.conf. So you're saying majority of that is to provide future support for the installation? It is a repo package, it has been tested and works out-of-the-box, you are not needed for anything after installing it unless the client stupidly edits the config.

Don't exploit people by overcharging them for things they don't realise they can get for $30. Then maybe, just maybe, I won't have such a critical opinion.

Also, if what buddah said is true, you should be ashamed. Storing plain-text passwords? I suggest you change that immediately.

As for who I am, I am a programmer, I can carry that label without question unlike some.

I always read properly, never imply I do not.

Then how you would explain your pointless comment about favicon and logo?

So let's see, you're charging $200 to "(yum|apt-get) install nginx" and do a few alterations to nginx.conf. So you're saying majority of that is to provide future support for the installation? It is a repo package, it has been tested and works out-of-the-box, you are not needed for anything after installing it unless the client stupidly edits the config.
Don't exploit people by overcharging them for things they don't realise they can get for $30. Then maybe, just maybe, I won't have such a critical opinion.

We're building nginx from sources each time, becuase default package does not contain required build options. Besides nginx configration there's much more should be done (firewall, startup scripts, mp4 seeking, etc, etc). You're talking about things you don't know.

Also, if what buddah said is true, you should be ashamed. Storing plain-text passwords? I suggest you change that immediately.
As for who I am, I am a programmer, I can carry that label without question unlike some.

Again: It is NOT plain text. Buddah saw some site owner custom modification made on their own risk

We're done here. You sounds more like a competitor's PR employee, rather than a programmer.

Worst Support Ever.

You guys take advantage of every single move of you site, making People Pay 150$ upfront is just opening a big nightmare of super bad support experience and paying all your money just to enable stuff that is already in the script !!

to install 2 server with FTP and NGINX Enabled, have to pay 550$ !!

Go with custom made is much cheaper than you guys.

You're building it from source?
Every respectable sysadmin knows to never build anything from source in a production environment. Packages, packaging systems and repositories exist for a reason, use them.

It is exactly as I said, it will take 5-10 mins from already available repos, guaranteed.

I will be reading the source later to find out if you really do encrypt your user details. I can't sit around doing nothing when there's a possibility everyone's details are at risk due to your bad code.

Anybody wants to install Nginx For Free, PM me :-)

the only make 10 easy steps:

cd /usr/src;wget http://nginx.org/download/nginx-1.2.5.tar.gz
tar -xzf nginx-1.2.5.tar.gz;rm -f nginx-1.2.5.tar.gz;cd nginx-1.2.5
./configure --with-http_stub_status_module --with-http_perl_module
make && make install
echo "/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx" >> /etc/rc.local
cat /etc/rc.local
locate XFSConfig.pm
more /home/****/public_html/cgi-bin/XFSConfig.pm
/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx

Then how you would explain your pointless comment about favicon and logo?

We're building nginx from sources each time, becuase default package does not contain required build options. Besides nginx configration there's much more should be done (firewall, startup scripts, mp4 seeking, etc, etc). You're talking about things you don't know.

Again: It is NOT plain text. Buddah saw some site owner custom modification made on their own risk

We're done here. You sounds more like a competitor's PR employee, rather than a programmer.

uploadmadness, not surprised to hear that from guy with 1 post and today's registration date.

Contact JmZ - he can do that for $30 :)

Just found this post interesting, so i registered :-)
You guys are super funny, you think everybody is duhhh.

Welcome to you and me to wjunction, very interesting :-)

You're building it from source?
Every respectable sysadmin knows to never build anything from source in a production environment. Packages, packaging systems and repositories exist for a reason, use them.
It is exactly as I said, it will take 5-10 mins from already available repos, guaranteed.

Agree, but you can't even imagine with how many different linux/unix distributions we're dealing. Considering the fact that nginx are being updated quite often - that will be a nightmare to build packages, even on launchpad.

I will be reading the source later to find out if you really do encrypt your user details. I can't sit around doing nothing when there's a possibility everyone's details are at risk due to your bad code.

duty_calls.png

Can we examine your code?

We always opened for everyone's suggestions, bug reports and fixes. But we would never accept and understand pointless complaints in rude manner.

Last edited:
I can imagine exactly how many distributions there are. You have absolutely no excuse for building from source, do it properly in future.

It'd only make sense to examine my code if you understood it.

I can imagine exactly how many distributions there are. You have absolutely no excuse for building from source, do it properly in future.
There could be different build parameters for each individual setup. So, pre-built package (binary) is not an option here.

It'd only make sense to examine my code if you understood it.
Do not worry, we will (unless you're programming on brainfuck).

Coincidentally, I do know brainfuck ;)

Packages are always an option. You just don't want to spend your time doing it the right way.
Anyway, this is over, apologies for posting, do go on overcharging people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back