Status
Not open for further replies.
16 comments
Difference Between BDrip and BRrip

• BDrip and BRrip are two recent additions to pirated movie formats.

• BDrip is a movie ripped directly from a Blu-ray disc

• BRrip is encoded from a Blu-ray release, which is in itself a ripped version. Thus, BRrip is a compressed version of an already ripped Blu-ray disc.

• If the source has any technical problems, such as aspect ratio, it will show up even in the ripped version.

Source

BRRIP AND BDRIP EXPLAINED AND HOW THEY COMPARE TO DVDRIP'S
Not too long ago a couple of new formats hit the scene. Both formats are Blu-Ray rips but vary in their sources.
BRRip = An XviD encode from a Blu-Ray release (i.e. a 1080p *.mkv file).
BDRip = An XviD encode directly from a source Blu-Ray disk.

The BRRip is a compressed version of an already ripped Blu-Ray disk. It's virtually a 1080p mkv file that is then ripped again to make it smaller in size (same size as a DVD). The BDRip comes straight from the Blu-Ray disk and should essentially have better quality. The main reason why BDRips are better is because if the source used for BRRip's has problems, so will the BRRip.

BDRip / BRRip vs DVD5 / DVD9
The standard retail DVD uses a resolution of 720×480 (NTSC) or 720×576 (PAL), but you will see that Blu-Ray rips (in these XviD *.avi files, and otherwise) offer better video quality than DVD5 or DVD9 disks, even on an HDTV. This is because the source for BRRips and BDRips (obviously being a Blu-Ray disk), is in full 1080p resolution. When done correctly by employing the proper filtering techniques, much of the HQ detail can be retained even in a smaller resolution.

Below is a comparison of screenshots from D-ZON3’s BRRip and DEViSE’s DVDRip (x264):
Kt73Z.jpg

FDSMm.jpg

As you can see from the two screenshots above, the BRRip is clearly far more detailed compared to the DVDRip.

As you can see from the two screenshots above, the BRRip is clearly far more detailed compared to the DVDRip.

Who is talking about DVDRip here? :S

if so Bdrip is better quality then brrip ? Am I correct ?
Thanks very much for short and great explanation.

The person/group responsible for the rip is seemingly more important to the end-product quality.

Also compare resolution / bitrate to find the best quality one.

Difference Between BDrip and BRrip

• BDrip and BRrip are two recent additions to pirated movie formats.

• BDrip is a movie ripped directly from a Blu-ray disc

• BRrip is encoded from a Blu-ray release, which is in itself a ripped version. Thus, BRrip is a compressed version of an already ripped Blu-ray disc.

• If the source has any technical problems, such as aspect ratio, it will show up even in the ripped version.

Source
This is right!
Not Exactly! But Yes. xD

What I mean here is. If the BitRate and Resolution of both BDRip and BRRip is same, then BDRip would be very slightly better.
Any changes to these will obviously cause the difference.

720p BRRip would obviously be better than 480p BDRip

It also depends on the Encoder. :)

If anything is compressed quality is lost even if not noticable to the human eye...

And you are welcome...

Who is talking about DVDRip here? :S

The person/group responsible for the rip is seemingly more important to the end-product quality.

Also compare resolution / bitrate to find the best quality one.

What a moron!!! It is just a statement....

Last edited:
Hey there everyone,

I just had to post and let you folks know, I had goo...gled my fingers off and I have seen many of posts on this Q BDRip vs BRRip ... and this Thread is the only one that Answered for me ...

Thanks!

G!:)

PS - If I am a Registered Member what is the "Deal" with Multiple Captcha ... just to post a Reply! 8-) :facepalm: :sun:

In our niche (anime) we usually call/label our encodes from a BDMV, or to be precise, the lossless streams as BDrip or BD, which is ideally/practically put into the mkv container.

On the other hand, we never use the term BRrip when we encode from an already encoded mkv file of a Blu-ray release (usually the re-encoded raws yet to be subbed), we call the videos from these as re-encodes.

IDK if that helps though, since it seemed that it's like a different definition from what others posted.

In simplest terms...
BDRip = Directly ripped from a Bluray Disc and uploaded as is.
BRRip = Re-encoded BDRip with enhancement(s) in size, resolution, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back