Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish WBB banned RS instead, they keep locking accounts and remove all files and then those f*cking annoying downloaders keep complaining about dead links and asking to re-upload all files to RS and they just don't care that bandwidth it's not free and that those files will be deleted again in just a few days. RS is probably now the most unfriendly host for warez stuff.

Oh and btw, when RS offered premium accounts as a reward back in the day, many people used to sell those premiums to generate revenue.

@cv: I've heard that wbb doens't pay for the servers. Nor they get the money from the ads. It's something different which I can't tell.

But still, if they do earn a lot of dollars, what's the problem? Did you saw donating them to those 2 companies?
Did you saw other warezforums doing the same?

Thats what the uploader thinks "if we do earn a lot of dollars, what's the problem?"

Don't twist my words, my history is not wrong.... I never said rewards. Rapidshare did not pay people, t-shirts, key-rings and 30 day accounts maybe but not payment. I said PAYING. Don't worry I'll accept your apology as soon as I receive it.

RS didn't pay directly but most (not all) uploaders use to sell those premium accounts and MU was also paying back then.

RS had paying @ 2010 guys 1 Euro @ 1000 Downloads they paid me about 10000 Euro ^^

and Rapidgator is banned the have no CC payment and goes down ^^

Geezus no. But it makes sense.

And Mr. Happy, by referring by 'paying', it doesn't mean only by money, but other rewards.

I still didn't see you giving me names of filehosts who didn't pay but were used on warez-bb.

I still didn't see you giving me names of filehosts who didn't pay but were used on warez-bb.

I know this history lesson too :D I'll share

megashares.com
zupload.com
Easy-Share (yes, they had no revenue system when they started)

and there are still few which I can't remember, but I used to upload in 2007 and post on W-BB, TheHotZone, ViperFiles, SMForum.net :D

Warez-bb sux any way they will ban you for the dumbest stuff and you will never know why they did it they do not send out warnings any more. If your not one of the top 250 posters your thread will be on page 3 to 4 in less than 30min if your a cashwore how do you make anything with that many posters??

I do recall that megashares also had a reward program where you got a free premium account for downloads on your uploads. So can't be classified as a 'non paying' host.

For the dude earlier who said RS paid 1 euro or so for downloads that was when HotFile entered the scene and RS was trying to compete with them. But then in Aug they introduced the rapids system.

The only reason RS isn't banned on w-bb is because many downloaders still have RapidShare accounts. They have being pretty long in the scene and unlike other hosts, they have being up throughout. Even though they might delete files much more often, their speeds are pretty great.

The other day I was downloading from RG free user and it gave me just ~50kbps. RS free gives me at least 500kbps and when I use my RS prem acc. it gives me 4-5mbps. As a downloader, I am more than happy to use RapidShare.

Also the RS system for rewards was pretty neat, 10k points or so gives you a 1 month premium account and people used to sell those accounts. At least by that, uploaders were happy and so were downloaders but with all these new file hosts paying money, people just use them and getting a premium account in every of this new host is just stupid especially since they keep closing down and new ones keep opening.

Warez-bb banned rapidgator.
Reason -
Rule #4.2 If you choose to post a link it should benefit everyone and must not be a site of the following categories:

Web hosting. Referrals. Affiliation. Warez forums. Sites that require registration, subscription or a fee to access. Links within posts that links to non-allowed 3rd party in order to gain access to the content (eg Link protectors, Text files, Altered links, Links directory...).
Rapidgator now requires registration for free users to download any file. Hence, Banned. Most of the W-bb members are asking to re-consider this decision.
Many say that this is because rapidgator is having problems with their Credit Card, Once they resolve CC problem, registration requirement will be withdrawn. Hence rapidgator may get unbanned from W-bb in a few days.

Meanwhile we could contact rapidgator and make an appeal to withdraw the registration requirement
Code:
http://www.rapidgator.net/feedback/contact

I am glad they finally banned RG
why would you be glad, its clearly a loss for both downloaders and uploaders and for the world of sharing (W-bb is the best warez forum and rapidgator is the best filehost atm)
If you're glad then I'm guessing you're neither a downloader nor an uploader, a troll maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back