Status
Not open for further replies.

R0HIT

Hello,

My College has blocked all torrent sites, all proxy sites, and the use of uTorrent as well.

For instance, i download a torrent from my home, and load it in uTorrent in College.. it simple will not work. Moreover, Software like Hotspot shield also does not work.

How can i use uTorrent with College Wifi ?

My College Wifi Requires me to set a particular HTTP proxy to use the wifi. Also, i have my own username and password to start using wifi. Thats all you need to know.

Please Help me Out. My College has a 40 MBPS internet, which i really need to use with torrents.

7 comments
Hello,

You could try setting up a vpn but my gut feeling is if they blocked Hotspot shield they most likely blocked all VPN connections. The other work around is download torrents on a VPS and just download from the VPS however that would be a bit time consuming but will work.

The only thing I would recommend is trying to download the torrent via VPS or such then downloading the file directly from the server.

VPNs are most likely blocked if Hotspot shield is. (Try Ultrasurf and see if that works).

I'd do exactly what Djlatino said. And VPN's should be blocked, because Proxies are also blocked along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back