Status
Not open for further replies.

-Im.z2ight-

I know people love google analytics but it seems to record a low number of hits I actually get. I have an onsite tracker and it is showing a lot more visitors per day.

Anyone have same issue?

11 comments
analytics shows the real visitors and page views it doesnt count page hits or any other thing ie it doesnt count fake traffic or proxy hits

Would you not prefer to have lower accurate stats rather than highly inflated stats who's only benefit is to boost your ego?

Google Chrome's latest and current version 17 has a feature that starts preloading website pages where it thinks your going to click. For example if you search wjunction in Google Chrome knows your likely to visit wjunction again due to your browsing history and starts to load wjunction in a hidden tab that instantly appears when you click making the page appear instantly with zero loading. Now if you were to click on the WJunction Twitter account link in Google instead of WJunction the preloaded hidden page is just closed. Here is where the problem is. The same thing happens as you type. If you start typing warez it could probably start loading warez-bb.org which you normally visit but instead you keep typing and go to warezforum.com. You never visited the page but it was downloaded to your computer. That means awestats and some other trackers record it as a visit but you never visited the site. This gives inflated results which makes you think your getting more traffic than you are. You can read more about Pre-Rending here

As I said if you want highly inflated stats who's only benefit is to boost your ego then that's fine. Otherwise go for a lower visits total which are more accurate and realistic.

I highly agree with that^

It can be somewhat their strategy to make you think they're counting visitors more accurately and hopefully induce you to use their service instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back