1. -Im.z2ight-

-Im.z2ight- New Member Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I know people love google analytics but it seems to record a low number of hits I actually get. I have an onsite tracker and it is showing a lot more visitors per day.

Anyone have same issue?

2. oneclickjohnny

oneclickjohnny New Member Member

Dec 15, 2011
  3. -Im.z2ight-

-Im.z2ight- New Member Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Please add a space to your link so its not sensored.

4. MikeKepztry

MikeKepztry New Member Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Have you tried Awstats?

It pulls through log files so its a little different from analytics.

5. Desi_Boy

Desi_Boy New Member Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Google analytical record exact Hits , try histats.com

6. msk19994

msk19994 New Member Member

Aug 13, 2011
    analytics shows the real visitors and page views it doesnt count page hits or any other thing ie it doesnt count fake traffic or proxy hits

7. luches

luches Well-Known Member Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Histats is really good.. also statcounter is good. i use both im site. statcounter counts everything !

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy New Member Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Would you not prefer to have lower accurate stats rather than highly inflated stats who's only benefit is to boost your ego?

Google Chrome's latest and current version 17 has a feature that starts preloading website pages where it thinks your going to click. For example if you search wjunction in Google Chrome knows your likely to visit wjunction again due to your browsing history and starts to load wjunction in a hidden tab that instantly appears when you click making the page appear instantly with zero loading. Now if you were to click on the WJunction Twitter account link in Google instead of WJunction the preloaded hidden page is just closed. Here is where the problem is. The same thing happens as you type. If you start typing warez it could probably start loading warez-bb.org which you normally visit but instead you keep typing and go to warezforum.com. You never visited the page but it was downloaded to your computer. That means awestats and some other trackers record it as a visit but you never visited the site. This gives inflated results which makes you think your getting more traffic than you are. You can read more about Pre-Rending here

As I said if you want highly inflated stats who's only benefit is to boost your ego then that's fine. Otherwise go for a lower visits total which are more accurate and realistic.

9. Apathetic

Apathetic New Member Member

Aug 24, 2011
    I highly agree with that^

It can be somewhat their strategy to make you think they're counting visitors more accurately and hopefully induce you to use their service instead.

10. inject0r

inject0r New Member Member

Jul 13, 2011
    I use IPCounter

11. joerudy1988

joerudy1988 New Member Member

Feb 24, 2012
    awstats is good too

12. lyoko

lyoko New Member Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I'm using getclicky