Status
Not open for further replies.

G56Ace

OK, i just bought a server at Ecatel a few days ago and just moved my site over, but apparently, now the Server load is very high which a lowing performance on my sites.

The Serverload is now averaging about 6~10 which is not good at all.

The server is an Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz.

Now, im not sure if the server just needs some optimization or the server specs are not good enough for my sites. (Main site gets about 10k Uniques a day)

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
G56Ace

8 comments
Probably i do need a stronger processor.
Tho, i've barely tweaked it yet.

Also, httpd is configured.
But i not sure if anything else is. =/

You can easily run some quite big sites on a CPU like that.

Just need to optimise your config files (mainly MySQL /etc/my.cnf and your HTTP daemon like Apache).

open a shell, and then do top.

my guess is that mysql is doing some slow queries. or you're being DoS'd

If anyone here can help configure my server appropriately, to increase performance and security, please PM me.
Payment will be sent accordingly.

when i moved to ecatel dedicated frm a vps , i faced the same issue; each apache taking abt 32mb ram ; and sql using 280mb ram. i suprissed. the same sites on a vps was not taking more than 80mb ram. so vps is different and dedicated is different. for a dedicated i recomend u buy cpaanel. then try. the above mentioned results are while using lxadmin. not now few months ago.

i asked hosttechsupport to optimize server that time, but they were also help less.

ecatel is using OS templates which if very full, I mean 3gb for OS itself, it may conatin a lot of unwanted stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back