Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, lets invert this on rank respected developer.

What exactly have you done FOR WJunction, to be promoted in respected developer? As far as I know, you made a spam tool, that many webmasters here had issues blocking from spammers. Other than that, you charged for it. So, how did you got your rank, in relation with WJ? Or anyone else here.

For example, JmZ is more than obvious why he got admin rank. He did shitload of stuff behind the forum.

It's not the point in how old they are, or what they do. They have their separate section, they are allowed to advertise there, no matter if they are 2 minutes old, point in their rank is so they can be VISIBLE to others, for one, if they do some stupid shit, as spam, anyone will report them, and they will be banned, that is one of advantages having them in other color.
It's like: that is your business, we have a section for that, here's your orange working cloth here. Now, go there, work. It's not a promotion rank, like respected member.

LMAO, dude they are respected they helped lot of members on here and earned that rank for various reasons i don't really know what you're getting at with your point by indirectly saying both filehosts and respected developers ranks has same value well that's not true you can get a filehost rank by purchasing a vps put a domain on it upload an html file and the rank is yours most respected developers are well known wj members so your point is invalid
kthx

aNi3C.png

oh sheet run its the po po

Guys, just let the staff take it into consideration. Don't need to have a bitch fight about it. Though it is quite entertaining.

No, its just that there are more and more popping up. It seems like anybody with a homepage that has a textbox and an upload button is called a filehost now. Same goes for payment processors. None of these "companies" are vetted or require any time period of life before they are allowed here as "official" companies. Some of them are extremely dodgy in their name too, as indicated here: http://www.wjunction.com/1487135-post51.htm

Just seems to me that anyone can be an "official" filehost or payment gateway without any problem at all. They are even given a rank for further distinguishment. Most of them are fly-by-night idiots that are ready to crumble the minute they double their money.

They shouldnt be allowed unless their domain is older than six months at the very least. You're basically promoting stick-thin companies to come here and scam us all. And you're even giving them a badge while they do it.

I had the same words in mind but who am i to say it :D

there should be some restrictions right ?
all kids on WJ, see people getting promoted right away and start earning huge bucks.
They see WJ as a scamming haven, and hence exploit our members.
Bring on certain restrictions like "Domain Age, Experience" etc etc.

there should be some restrictions right ?
all kids on WJ, see people getting promoted right away and start earning huge bucks.
They see WJ as a scamming haven, and hence exploit our members.
Bring on certain restrictions like "Domain Age, Experience" etc etc.

Scamming Heaven :facepalm:

Yeah for that there are members who warn others or report to the admins like me and Phozon particle :P

Well on a serious note Domain Age thing sounds good, but that would not help.

The thing which we want here is not allowing Filehost members in the chatbox spam with there companies crap shits.

Learn to ignore people, especially here.

I thought you should be more aware of this that WJ has, let's admit it, good and bad side.

Bad side is that it's full with retards, newbie webmasters and people who simply spam shit out forums.

So ignore them and chill.

Hey,

I don't think it is necessary to ban the whole group from using the shoutbox however we can ban those that break the rules as it clearly states "Do not advertise..". If you see them doing it again, remind them of the rule and if they continue report them using the report issue which can be found under the community links.

Regarding the file host / payment processor rank, we'll introduce rules on when a company member can apply for the rank.

Froomple, we do have restrictions in place such as a probationary group where members cannot post or create a thread in the marketplace zones or hosting sections. If you have any other suggestions, please make a thread, we'd love to read your suggestions.

Also, I would appreciate if we stuck on topic, we're discussing the use of the chatbox for file host / payment processor groups.

Well, it looks like, whatever they say, or whatever someone asks them in cb, is advertisement...because of that rank. If I ask paxum, about some paxum issues, do I advertise them? Or do they advertise themselves? Or does their name advertise them?
If they post a link to their site, as a direct advertisement, it's no different than any other member, that does same shit in cb. Rules, I don't think are any different for them, comparing to any other member here, when they break them.

The chatbox is only used by people who are extremely bored, which usually means that those people will troll for fun, the chatbox isn't a great place and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't think I've ever had a decent conversation with the chatbox, unless you count talking about weed then it has been somewhat semi-decent.

Now what would be awesome is if there could be chatrooms in the chatbox where it is invite only, now that would be worth joining, real conversations about real stuff.

I can't say them in public but their are requirements before a member can be nominated to be respected member/coder. They have stuff like min post count / join date. Now in practice anyone nominated usually is a member for ages and has way above the min requirements. After all that it goes to a vote.

The point is their doesn't seam to be ANY requirements to getting a filehost or payment rank. It's no harm ensuring the company has to be a minimum of 6 months old, even just 3 months which is nothing, before getting a rank.

The whole thing just isn't controlled better. Take this guy http://www.wjunction.com/member.php?u=45044
Like who the hell is he or what company does he represent? I personally think if they payment and filehost group were more controlled this topic wouldn't have arisen

The chatbox is only used by people who are extremely bored, which usually means that those people will troll for fun, the chatbox isn't a great place and shouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't think I've ever had a decent conversation with the chatbox, unless you count talking about weed then it has been somewhat semi-decent.

Now what would be awesome is if there could be chatrooms in the chatbox where it is invite only, now that would be worth joining, real conversations about real stuff.

If it is not a serious place then the members should not be banned for posting nude pics, warez stuffs or even abusing another member.

Sp32 I like you, but i want to point the same thing to other mods that chatbox is for fun and the mods take it too seriously :facepalm:

A little bit of teasing and they ban you for that, lol it is a serious place where pregnant ladies give birth to aliens. Yeah sounds no logic? Exactly the mods do the same even for typing in CAPS LOCK.

We'll apply the following rules when users are applying for the file host or payment processor rank;
- Domain must be registered for 5 months.
- You must be registered on WJunction for 1 month.

We may remove everyone from the groups and ask them to re-apply. If there are any other rules you'd like to suggest, please do and we'll consider them. Also, we could rename their user title to the file host / payment processor company they work for. The user legend is there for a reason.

C'mon guys -.- The chatbox isn't somewhere to build a personality or judge someone by how they act in it. It's only for fun. Don't take the cb serious and if you get all gay about it like wanting to ban a particular rank from it, then don't use it ;)

@ Hawk
Why you guys approve every new filehost that comes?

You should see there stability first and then see if users really need/like them, this way people will also get some confidence over there services.

And another way is by letting only one account for them rather than letting several guys under the same company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back