Status
Not open for further replies.

Ccucu

I have just bought a server and have dedicated IPs in house and I want to setup a home-hosting for 4 of my domains.

I wouldn't want to buy a Cpanel license.

I have 4 domains, want to set up 4 simple PHP websites and email support on them. I need POP3/IMAP support to set up Thunderbird and a webmail client like Cpanel has.

Can you suggest a free solution that isn't that hard to install and manage and has a user-friendly interface and does what I need?
I didn't set up any OS on the server yet, been looking at some softwares online like Virtualmin, zPanel, Vesta. I'm rooting for Vesta as it seems it has what I need and it is simple to install and configure.

What do you think?

9 comments
Hello

You can opt for Kloxo , VirtualMin/Webmin they are two of my favourites i haven't heard about Vest but it does look good.

Regards

Use Kloxo-MR, works great and free. Have features similar to cpanel.
Use these commands on fresh centos 6 x64 :

Code:
yum update -y
yum groupinstall base -y
service iptables stop
chkconfig iptables off

echo "SELINUX=disabled" > /etc/selinux/config
setenforce 0

wget https://github.com/mustafaramadhan/kloxo/raw/rpms/release/neutral/noarch/mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm --no-check-certificate
rpm -ivh mratwork-release-0.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
rm -fv *.rpm
yum update mratwork-release -y

cd /
yum clean all
yum install yum-plugin-replace -y
yum install kloxomr -y

Last edited:
The first thing I would suggest to you is switch that out of your house, your going to get a massive electric bill & if anyone decides to DDOS your website good luck to your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back