Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! We'd like to know what you think of our new theme & platform, click here to share your thoughts!
  1. Tennouji

Tennouji Active Member Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I'm looking for a WIndows RDP service provider in which I can encode videos. I used to be on a good service but they stopped accepting paypal. I find it very inconvenient and frustrating to loop around buying vouchers for their service on another site, which also doesn't accept paypal so I have to pay them with Amazon Gift Cards from a 3rd site.

The service provider of the RDP is all good and I used their service long, but I hate the hassle of going through all those efforts just to be able to pay their services.

Any suggestions?

2. PayPerSell

PayPerSell Active Member Member

Apr 6, 2016
    If i talk about Unshared resource, Can you tell me what config you need according to the below options?

CPU/Processor:
    Ram Memory:
    Storage Space:
    Network Port:
    Usable IP/s:
    Operating System:

If you need any additional requirements, don't forget to mention.

Awaiting your reply.

3. Tennouji

Mar 1, 2012
    I'd prefer having a shared RDP, and something that will enable me to install additional fonts/rebuild the font cache as well. The reason is because I don't really plan on encoding 24/7, just a few at a time whenever I need to.

4. PayPerSell

Apr 6, 2016
  5. Tennouji

Mar 1, 2012
    Yes. I'd still love some good recommendations though, than reaching out on each threads one by one.

6. PayPerSell

Apr 6, 2016
    I see. Yeah, That is really a time wasting matter. I can see this thread age is 2-3 days or more and I been replying here only. I hope you understand and also research some for your needs. You may also get 3-4 providers and list them here so we can recommend you the better one.

I wish you all the best.

7. Tennouji

Mar 1, 2012
    I've been reading the threads and I can manage my time. I still have some time before getting an RDP so I made this thread in case another user has a recommendation from personal experience with a specific service/company. There's no point on deciding and getting an RDP earlier than my intended day when I will be using it, so there is no time wasted on my end.

It doesn't really matter that much if it ends up no one recommending a specific service, but I thought it won't hurt to try asking.

8. PayPerSell

Apr 6, 2016
    Sure thing man. It depends on your situation and i wish you all the best. Can you also post a Budget range and Server Configuration?

There are Hundreds of RDP providers so when you post some hints, it will be easy for others to recommend you. :)

9. Tennouji

Mar 1, 2012
    My budget would be up to $20/month for a shared RDP. I think something around 4 Core/8 Threads and an HDD of not less than 200GB would be fine, at least some user privilege like installing fonts/clearing font cache is something I look for as well , since I will mostly be encoding BDMV streams and there are times when I need to encode some hardsubbed content.

Specs mostly means less to me since I'm getting a shared RDP, but I'd prefer a service with minimal downtimes, no random reboots or at least periodical reboots with announcements beforehand. I won't be using the RDP as intensively, there would be days when I'm not even gonna use it, just for some needs that I have from time to time so I want it to have a good uptime to be worth the expense.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  10. Oldky

Oldky Active Member Member

Feb 17, 2016
  11. Tennouji

Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017