Is Traffic from Google Searches enough on a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennouji

Hello to WJ Community. I want to ask if what I'm doing is right and/or if I'm going the right way on managing my site.

In my current site project, which I alone manage, I'm only getting traffic mostly from google searches. The traffic stat is stable and also growing steadily though kind of slowly. I don't have much backlinks, I mean I stopped posting content on other sites with a link back to mine for a while now, and I only have like 3 link exchange to other similar sites from mine.

The reason for this is because on my alloted time for the site, I have my hands full just from adding new contents everyday, and can't do more than that like link building and some SEO as I read on some guides in the past. That's why it kind of worries me if what I'm doing is right.

Last edited:
12 comments
Google traffic is pretty enough as it brings 100% targeted visitors.

BTW, you should do some backlinking to maintain your position in search engine results.

Hello to WJ Community. I want to ask if what I'm doing is right and/or if I'm going the right way on managing my site.

In my current site project, which I alone manage, I'm only getting traffic mostly from google searches. The traffic stat is stable and also growing steadily though kind of slowly. I don't have much backlinks, I mean I stopped posting content on other sites with a link back to mine for a while now, and I only have like 3 link exchange to other similar sites from mine.

The reason for this is because on my alloted time for the site, I have my hands full just from adding new contents everyday, and can't do more than that like link building and some SEO as I read on some guides in the past. That's why it kind of worries me if what I'm doing is right.

Why you do link exchange for get traffic? It is not safe now. Google drive lots of daily visitor traffic globally. And you say that you receive most of traffic by google that good for you.
Try to other method for generate back links that helps you to increase visitor traffic.

Organic traffic is the best and if you have quality contents, people will start sharing and comeback as well. This way you will get direct traffic and social traffic too.

Well, you are not doing anything wrong. The thing you need to understand is that Google is responsible for 80-90% of traffic a particular site receives. So, getting most of your traffic from Google is not a big deal and that simply means that you are doing something that attracts Google. The content that you are adding on your site daily may play a major role in the type of traffic that your site is getting.

This is Good that your website have Google search traffic. But this work for some times you may need to maintain your website regular to stable on this position. Other you may need to Do some SEO strategies which help you to improve your PR. If you able to increase your website PR then your website SERP is increase. This also help you to improve your Ranking.

Google traffic is great and enough.

Dont worry about backlinks, just keep making great content and hope others link to you.

Remember though that Google is a company and not a public information service. They can decide to stop sending traffic to you for whatever reason. Therefore you are right to worry and at the same time should be building up other traffic sources.

Go for it man.

Its a dangerous game relying on 1 source of traffic, if you have a one legged chair and it gets cut off what are you left with ?

Where as if you have 4 or more legs then you will be alot better off if you lose 1 or 2.

Google changes its algo's every 3-6 months and are very unpredictable aswell, dirty seo tactics are increasing more and more aswell so if i were you id look at other traffic sources aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back