Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! We'd like to know what you think of our new theme & platform, click here to share your thoughts!
  1. FRO[$]T

FRO[$]T New Member Member

Sep 14, 2012
    a few days ago i installed grid 2 and i had this type of error [0xc0000142]. i thought this was a problem of my pc. but yesterday when i installed company of heroes 2 i had the same problem. can anyone help me to solve this?

2. Ash

Ash Well-Known Member Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Try updating your directx

3. Raptile

Raptile New Member Member

Nov 29, 2008
    To help resolve this issue, use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run As Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow (yes there is a space after sfc) The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Good luck.

4. bluefirepro

bluefirepro New Member Member

May 1, 2013
  5. FRO[$]T

FRO[$]T New Member Member

Sep 14, 2012
    raptile

after the sacan it says windows found some error but failed to fix some. you can find them in the CBS.log file. i found the CBS file but it says access is denied.

anything?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  6. Enrique_DDoS

Enrique_DDoS New Member Member

Jul 2, 2013