Help! says [No Audio Output Device is installed] on my VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phresh

yes exatly as the title says No Audio Output Device is installed....how to fix this??

clipboard01ruq.jpg

Help me...:(
:facepalm:
Phresh

3 comments
vps is not supposed to have a audio device.. anything dat has to do with something like music or video streaming has to use a null audio

If you have a Windows VPS and want to hear audio output from it, all you have to do is follow the steps below once you’re

logged on to the VPS via remote desktop.

1. Click the ‘start’ button, select ‘run’ from the menu and run the command services.msc.

2. Scroll through the list of services until you find the Windows Audio Service.

3. Right-click the service and select ‘start’ to start the Windows Audio service (this should start Windows Audio Endpoint

Builder service as well).

4. Right-click the service, select ‘properties’ from the menu and in the ‘General’ tab set the startup type to ‘Automatic’.

Do this for both services.

5. Click the ‘Start’ button, select ‘administrative tools’, then ‘terminal services’ and finally ‘terminal services

configuration’.

6. In the Terminal Services Configuration window, right-click the RDP-TCP connection and select ‘properties’.

7. Go to client settings tab, untick the ‘Audio’ box in the ‘Redirection’ settings, click ‘apply’ and ‘OK’. You’ll get a

notification warning you that the settings won’t apply to this session.

8. Close the configuration window and log-off your vps

9. Start RDP on your client machine. Click the ‘options’ button, navigate to the ‘Local Resources’ tab and make sure that

‘Remote Computer Sound’ is set to ‘Bring to this computer’.

10. Reconnect to your VPS, audio output from the remote machine should now be audible on your local machine.

Last edited:
solution

I fixed the problem by these steps:

1) Go to device manager

2) Select sound, video, and game controllers from the list, and select high definition audio device when it drops down

3)New window opens. Select the driver tab. Click uninstall.

4)Then after it is uninstalled, go back to device manager window.
Select action, and THEN you will have the option of scanning for hardware changes.
Select this option and it will reinstall and the problem should be fixed.

(I have an acer laptop with windows vista but I thought these steps could be useful for others as well)
How To Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Problem In Windows ? - DESKDECODE.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back