Do nofollow backlinks HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTran

As I said in the title, I'm confusing if nofollow backlinks are helping to improve my website position on SERP or not?
I mean, google bot will not follow the link if it was place with a nofollow meta-script. But does that mean those links will not help at all?

38 comments
There are two effects of nofollow
- It pull traffic to your site if you post thread at where have same thread of you
- If seo long run, it makes your web becomes more natural in the eyes of google.

As I said in the title, I'm confusing if nofollow backlinks are helping to improve my website position on SERP or not?
I mean, google bot will not follow the link if it was place with a nofollow meta-script. But does that mean those links will not help at all?

They help however not as much as Dofollow, on top of that, the place you post it on, and their site optimization and how fast google indexes, increase visibility.

Certainly it still helps for your SEO ranking, First it will provide traffic for your website and then it's a natural link that let Google trusts you more.

There are two effects of nofollow
- It pull traffic to your site if you post thread at where have same thread of you
- If seo long run, it makes your web becomes more natural in the eyes of google.
Could you please explain why nofollow links is more natural in the google's eyes?

IMHO you always need nofollow and hardlinks. The best hardlinks would not work without nofollows, as this is often associated with spam-links.
While hardlinks are more valuable, you can't live without nofollows.

nofollow backlinks not influence your rank in search engine, cause its not pass link power and its telling the search engine not to follow this link because their not promoting them. nofollow also means in search engine is paid link.

nofollow links DO NOT help seo performance. The whole point of a nofollow is it tells Google that it is not a citation for the content that it leads to. That is the reason ALL social meida links to websites are Nofollow
I do agree with the point that some nofollow links make a backlink profle look more "natural"

no follow links are more powerful than you might think

It can build awareness and directly leads to someone spending money on your products.

[FONT=q_serif]Do follow links passes the page's link juice to the linked website and no follow link does not.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Let me explain you in detail.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Let us assume that you comment on a blog post on a website which is having DA and PA, 50+ . Now when you comment on that post and link to one of your blog page, based on the type of link that website offers, two cases arise.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]If the link is dofollow, then that page's pagerank is shared with your blog post. It is a good SEO practice and that linked post ranks well on SERP as it has recieved link juice from a high authority website. Google has dofollow links as a ranking factor.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]If the link is nofollow, then that link is just a link. No juice goes to that post. [/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Wikipedia links are nofollow ones. Many websites give only nofollow links as they dont want to share their link juice with anyone.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Hope your doubts cleared.[/FONT]

You are thinking in the wrong direction. All links (dofollow & nofollow) from quality sites are counting. You need to avoid low quality links like blog comments, guest books, directories and bookmarks.

Regardless of the type of backlink. You should balance the amount between do follow an no follow back link. no-follow backlink is so important too, it makes your backlink profile looks more nature under google's eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back