Court Orders Cloudflare to Expose Pirate Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJboutit

Cloudflare has received a subpoena asking it to reveal the people behind two alleged pirate sites. The request comes from a Japanese magazine publisher who warned Cloudflare that it may lose its safe harbor protection for failing to comply with previous takedown requests.

Source

Court Orders Cloudflare to Expose Pirate Site Operators | TorrentFreak

I am glad I am not using Cloudflare and more I dumped it like 8 months ago. Cloudflare free security really sucks and it blocked like 40% to 50% of the hits to my forum. I switched to Cloudlayar free plan it has better security and does not block a lot of hits to my forum

8 comments
Damn.

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Should turn it off stat now :-/

I wonder though what majority of private torrent sites shall do now...

I bet the top 100 to 500 pirates sites with the most hits will be exposed and pirate sites that gets 500 hits a day or less might not even be exposed

I am glad I am not using Cloudflare and more I dumped it like 8 months ago. Cloudflare free security really sucks and it blocked like 40% to 50% of the hits to my forum. I switched to Cloudlayar free plan it has better security and does not block a lot of hits to my forum

Your lack of knowledge is the reason it did not work for you.

Cloudflare free plan has little to no security and if you search the net one of the reasons people dump it is because it blocks to many people from your site

Cloudflare free plan has little to no security and if you search the net one of the reasons people dump it is because it blocks to many people from your site

Because it's not configured correctly. There's a reason it blocks so many people. The default setup is not always the best setup. Send them a message and they might be able to make some suggestions. Check their kb. Play around with it. It's a great product when (and only when) used correctly.

You don't use a dull axe to chop wood when theirs a sharpener sitting beside it. You sharpen the axe or get a different axe. If you don't know how to use it, figure it out or ask somebody.You made a choice to get the different axe.

What you did with switching is fine, but, the features/security they offer does not suck in the slightest. They've even managed to patch all these recent exploits all over just using their system. That's amazing. You just do not understand what the product offers or basically how to even use it. That does not mean it sucks. It just means you're ignorant to the features or how to make simple changes to code, rules, or even just basic server config. Your unmitigated ignorance is no reason to say it sucks.

Judging from your prior posts, you just assume things you do not understand suck and have a very negative outlook on things. You seem to back things up with uneducated guesses and made up percentages. In the end there just doesn't seem to be a reason to take what you say seriously.

Last edited:
Why do i need to trust in Cloudflare when i can setup myself a web-proxy anonymously on safe-offshore datacenters??

Its ok if you cant afford securization of your site.

Last edited:
dunno, I just activated it on my server, but disabled after Dj's comment.

I have to say traffic did see an uptick after that.

Shrug...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to whoever thought it wise to start DDoSing my site after this post. You truly are an abortion remains from your mother's womb :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back