Status
Not open for further replies.

What is happening with coinbase.com?

Two days ago I had the money that should be receive to my coinbase account? The whole day was on status: PENDING, and now is disappeared from my account I've been working long time with coinbase, this was the first time that something like that happened... Whether it was a robbery, system failure or something else?

To my question on coinbase.com support I always get the same answer:
I’m sorry for the continued delay with your transaction. It appears that the transaction is still in a pending status. Please continue to monitor your account. Some additional information that may explain the reason for the delay:

Common causes of unconfirmed transactions

Sending a very small amount with insufficient fees

All bitcoin transactions require a miner fee to be confirmed by the bitcoin network. When sending bitcoin you will be prompted to add a miner fee to make sure the transaction gets confirmed. If an insufficient fee is included, your transaction may never confirm.

A double-spend of the same coins

Under normal conditions this should not occur with transactions generated by Coinbase (our backend systems are designed to prevent this), but in general if two transactions try to spend the same coins, one of them will never be confirmed by the network.

Trying to spend unconfirmed coins

If you are trying to spend coins that appear as pending in your account, your transaction will not be generated until these coins confirm.

The network is experiencing high volume

Sometimes there is a high volume of digital currency being sent globally, and there are more transactions than there is space available in each new block to include the transaction.
The money disappeared from the status PENDING, and what now? All the luck is was not too big amount of money, about $25 was...

I do not want to have any more business with coinbase and I do not care more about their excuses, Whether someone knows more reliable, trust web site for keeping, receive and send Bitcoin

Thanks

Last edited:
17 comments
Is the sender also send it from a coinbase account ?

If it is from another coinbase account user, then there is a problem with coinbase. Coinbase normally calculates the fee according to the current network situation, so if the sender is also a coinbase user he must pay the calculated amount from coinbase to send the amount.

But if it is from another wallet, then the sender may not put enough fee to send the transaction. Small transaction like these needs a bit higher amount of miner fee to getting through the chain. (There are several kinds of wallets, some are giving the freedom to user to decide the fee. so if the snder not able to put enough fee, normally it disappearing from the chain and goes back to the senders wallet)

If it is disappeare from the chain, normally sender will get the amount back on there wallet (It normally takes 48 hours to 72 hours depending on the notwork)

Best thing to do now is contacting the sender and tell him that the amount was not received to wallet and ask to check his wallet to see the 25 $ which might be back to his wallet. :wave:

Last edited:
So is this a balance which disappeared or an incoming transfer which did not go through?

- I got that money on my coinbase, as well as every time someone sent me btc status PENDING It usually takes half an hour, and after that my btc money sits on my coinbase account.
- This is the first time that status PENDING takes one day, after one day the status PENDING disappears as mine my btc money,

Here's a screenshot where I got confirmation that I have received btc on my account, and this money has disappeared from my account today
Ashampoo_Snap_22._lipnja_2017._15h17m45s_010.jpg

Last edited:
Oops I got the question in wrong End :). So there is a problem in Coinbase then. I also use coinbase :(.

I sent a question just now via email to person who sent me btc if he got the refund, I'll wait for the answer...

I made a million transactions via coinbase, this is the first time that money just disappeared ...

I just read when I log in (I do not know does this have to do with what my btc disappeared):
reter.jpg

The latest news that I have finde on google about coinbase:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6irc4v/trouble_getting_paid_from_coinbase/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14587941
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/6inh4s/coinbase_collapse_coming_in_the_near_imminent/
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@hilarski/stop-using-coinbase-for-bitcoin-and-ethereum-purchases

All luck I no longer have big btc amount on my coinbase account...

Last edited:
The transaction are just taking longer duration than regular. Just wait for it, It will be credited to your account, If NOT refunded already.
Ask him for completed transaction screenshot.

Coinbase got a bit unreliable for us as well during last 2 months, That's why we are also thinking of switching to Coinbase instead.
The App isn't as fancy as coinbase, But it does the work pretty well.

Ethereum blockchain different from the Bitcoin blockchain. So Bitcoin has nothing to do with Ethereum blockchain. Shit I was preparing to deposit small amount of Ethereum on coinbase. Now seems like I also have to find a Coinbase alternative :( (if this is happening due to tech problems of Coinbase)

The transaction are just taking longer duration than regular. Just wait for it, It will be credited to your account, If NOT refunded already.
Ask him for completed transaction screenshot.

Coinbase got a bit unreliable for us as well during last 2 months, That's why we are also thinking of switching to Coinbase instead.
The App isn't as fancy as coinbase, But it does the work pretty well.

I read on google search news obout coinbase in the past weekends... A lot of complaints

rtz.jpg

I sent them screenshot but there is no answer, If I repeat the question ten times I get this answer (Always the same answer):
Ashampoo_Snap_22._lipnja_2017._16h24m49s_015.jpg

Last edited:
Ethereum blockchain different from the Bitcoin blockchain. So Bitcoin has nothing to do with Ethereum blockchain. Shit I was preparing to deposit small amount of Ethereum on coinbase. Now seems like I also have to find a Coinbase alternative :( (if this is happening due to tech problems of Coinbase)

Something is wrong with them.. I will close my account immediately, As I said all luck I do not have a large amount btc of them, And with this latest transaction ($25) I can say Goodbye...

2015;2250616Does anyone have any experience as to whether this is safe: [URL said:
https://bitcoin.org/en/download[/URL]

I would not recommend it, since you have to download the entire Bitcoin Blockchain - 145 GB! And, it is still prone to hacking since the secret keys are stored on your desktop. If you want to go for a Desktop Wallet try something which has Two Factor / Multi-Factor Authentication and does not require you to download the entire blockchain which will keep increasing in size every passing day.

Safest - Paper / USB Wallet
Second Safest - Desktop Wallet with Two / Multi-Factor Authentication

I keep repeating this to everyone / everytime - never ever store your coins on Exchanges / Web Wallets come what may. Do the trade and move your holdings to a Desktop Wallet immediately.

Last edited:
If you are going for coinbase, first load your USD wallet and then buy. Otherwise, there's a 7 day wait before you can get your coin, using bank transfer. Credit card is instant though but with higher fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back