Status
Not open for further replies.

Epidrive

Hello,

This is kind of a suggestion for you guys to consider allowing users to have their usernames changed provided with legitimate reasons (not for fancying usernames, ect), and kind of a benefit to those who are a member of this forum for more than a year already..

Iv done this in the past, contacted a staff but sadly my request was turned down..

Hoping the wjunction staffs can look into this, thanks!

Last edited:
5 comments
Name changes on WJ are very rarely allowed. Only under exceptional circumstances/reasons are they done.

So I very much doubt your request will be implemented, and personally I don't think it should be.

Name changes on WJ are very rarely allowed. Only under exceptional circumstances/reasons are they done.

So I very much doubt your request will be implemented, and personally I don't think it should be.

Yes and that is why provided with legitimate reasons, like for us, i'm stuck with our oldest username, this used to be our brand that we've rebranded twice already. Its not for fancy, but its for necesarry purposes. In almost any other forums this shouldn't be an issue, I dont know why it is here..

You said it's not an issue any where else, try requesting a name change in WHT and you will see what the process is or how easy it is.

I believe WJ staff just don't want to create confusion hence most of the time it is ignored or denied.

You said it's not an issue any where else, try requesting a name change in WHT and you will see what the process is or how easy it is.

I believe WJ staff just don't want to create confusion hence most of the time it is ignored or denied.

Yes, we're also a member of WHT, the process used to be to submit a ticket in their helpdesk and theyll have your username changed right after - that simple. But theyve changed their rule with that and now you get to change your username every 6 months by your own through the control panel makes it easier and more convenient even.

I would understand that wj staff just might not want to create confusions with usernames but its for legitimate purposes. Considering ive been a member of this community for more than two years already i think some considerations should be given. Another desperate way i had before just months ago was to have my account closed and open a new one, ive forwarded this to the staff but i was even banned for misconceptions of being cocky.

Anyways, just my suggestion. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind consideration @Rox!

Cheers :dan:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back