WJunction is a webmaster community aimed at a wide variety of people. We do not limit ourselves to webmasters only; we invite everyone to join and to have a joyful stay here on WJunction. While registering, you adhere to our rules which are set out below. Rules are abided by everyone including members, respected members, respected developers and members of staff. If exemptions are made, they are clearly outlined.
- Respect all members and staff.
- The language that is used on WJunction is English with the exception of general sections (excluding sales sections) where any language may be used.
- Use the search function before starting new threads.
- Keep your posts clean, using font size and colors when needed
List of things we do NOT allow
- Any fraud attempt or deceiving members will end in your account being suspended.
- We only allow ONE account PER PERSON.
- Account sharing or selling is strictly NOT permitted.
- URL shorteners, affiliate, referral links, survey and ad-infested links are NOT allowed
- Shouting, i.e. typing words in FULL CAPITALS
- Advertising and/or linking to cracking sites – this is a forum wide rule and includes profile details as well
- Hacking – Offering/Requesting/Linking/Advertising this activity or sites related to this activity
- Phishing links or anything harmful to users (viruses/malware/Trojans etc)
- Cookie Stuffing or Cookie Dropping (immediate ban), read here
- Spamming the forum, Shout Box or PM’s
- Nudity, Porn and offensive material - includes imagehost links which give out adult pop-up ads.
- Double posting – you and/or your staff members must not post consecutively in the same thread since these amounts to bumping.
- Bumping threads or requesting a bump; if you really need a bump – report the thread/post and staff may bump it for you
- Trying to go around word censor is not allowed
- You may not ask members to like your post, thank you, or add reputation to you
- URLs or references to competing sites
New Members / Probationary Members
Newly registered members are referred to as Probationary Members, who have limited access to the features at WJunction, including limited access to certain sub-forums. Probationary members must wait a period of 2 days (48 hours) and make a minimum of 2 useful posts prior to these limitations being removed, which is done automatically (but may take up to 15 minutes, so be patient).
Posting & Threads
Threads you create should be universally appealing. Gearing your discussions towards one specific community, ethnicity, geographical location, etc or in any way or form restricting it to a specific group of people is not encouraged.
When creating a new thread, the thread title must adhere to these guidelines.
- Thread title must be descriptive of the nature of your post.
- Thread titles such as "What the hell?" or "I need some help" are not descriptive.
- Thread titles must not contain excessive question and exclamation marks.
- The use of the vertical bar symbol "|" is often misused in thread titles. Do not use this and use commas instead.
- If you require the title of your existing thread changed, use the "Report" feature.
- Search the forums before you create a new thread. It's likely someone else has already created a similar one.
- Remember to stay on topic; spamming or mindless posting is not needed.
- Remember to Use [Slide] Tag's when posting an image.
Contests & Giveaway Threads
If you wish to giveaway a virtual product (including hosting etc) or wish to hold a contest to giveaway something, you may use the contests & giveaway section. When giving away virtual products (including hosting etc) you must;
- Hold contests or giveaways in good spirit.
- Restricting giveaways or contests to a certain community, ethnicity, geographical location, country, etc. In short, only post a giveaway if everyone is eligible to enter it.
Signatures and Profile Avatars
The total contents of your signature must not exceed 100 pixels in height.
You cannot include nude images in your Signature / Profile Avatar
You cannot promote sites or services that you don't own (text or banner).
You cannot campaign/boycott for or against ranks.
Your signature can only contain ONE image:
Maximum dimensions of which is 700 pixels width by 100 pixels height.
File size of your signature image can be no more than 50 KB.
Members of staff may remove the signature and/or Profile Avatar if they find somebody violating these rules.
Members that violate rules will receive a warning in the form of an infraction.
3 Infractions lead to a ban.
Banned members will see a Justification Forum where they may discuss their ban and request a review. Opening a dupe account to contact members of staff while the original account is banned is NOT allowed.
If you are banned from the Shout Box, do not start a thread about it. Wait for a while and check here for the reason: Shout Box Bans
Do not advertise in the Shout Box or ask for help with complicated matters. The Shout Box is for small talk.
Help & Support
If in doubt, create a new thread with your inquiry in the WJunction Feedback forum or contact a moderator, super moderator or chief of staff directly.
WJunction is a Web Site dedicated to Web Site users and their related services and products. Therefore only website related products and services are allowed to be purchased or sold. The following rules are in addition to the general forum rules and are for the benefit of the community.
If you are not the owner of the product of service you are selling you must mention and link to that person/company. You may be required to post proof of resale rights where you are not the original owner.
Selling a Domain
1) Thread title must contain the domain inside of it.
If multiple domains for sale please state so in title and be as descriptive as possible
3 LLNN Domains for sale. and such...
2) Please follow the following format when posting...
Price or Starting Bid:
Methods of Payment (Paypal, Alertpay, etc)
If Auction: Yes | No
Auction End Date:
BIN (Buy It Now) Price:
Proof of ownership (a screenshot of the domain in the sellers registrar account showing the url and expiration date)
Selling a Web Site
The same requirements as selling a domain apply with the additional below:
- Anything which isn't included must be mentioned: domain, script, all skins and themes, full current database if any and full rights to everything.
- Proof of traffic and revenue if any must be provided.
- File uploaded to the sellers server saying his name/username and a message stating it is for sale as proof of ownership.
- Any existing commitments or debt that will transfer such as advertising or hosting must also be stated.
- In the case of large sites or custom scripts please state any hosting which is included and for how long it's provided as well as relevant server or legal requirements.
- We do not allow the sale of free blogs.
Selling of Services
- Only Services in relation to web sites in general may be sold. examples include but not limited to: GFX artist, coder, SEO services, Site Management, hired help, etc.
- It is the sellers discretion if they wish to provide demos, samples, portfolio, past experiences, references etc. which will aid in the sale of their service.
- If the seller doesn't mention review copies are available then please do not reply asking for them. People who receive a review copy and do not write a review for other members based on their experience may receive disciplinary action.
- A maximum of 5 customer feedback quotes are allowed in the first post of a sales/hosting thread.
Selling of Goods
- Only goods in relation to web sites in general may be sold.
- The seller must have full rights and permission to sell the item in question. In certain cases proof may have to be provided to prove these re-sell rights. examples include but not limited to are: templates, scripts, themes, applications, or tutorials written by the seller and not third parties, custom gfx banners, avatars and icon packs
- Sale or trade of accounts including Download accounts, VIP accounts, Premium Accounts, ad words, Credit/Debit cards and ebooks is not allowed. This includes the inclusion of such accounts to promote other sales.
- Sale or trade of social network pages/groups/channels (or anything similar) (Exceptions are made depending on what is being sold and ownership verification - Contact a member of staff)is not allowed.
Selling Advertising Space
- You can only sell advert space on web sites.
- The size, price, color, animation details in the case of animated images, location, duration of the advert and start date if not immediate must be posted.
- Proof of traffic must be provided as outlined below
- You can sell either for a predefined price or offer or have an auction where you can indicate the starting price and a 'Buy it Now' price (from here on referred to as BIN).
- If someone offers the BIN price the sale is finished and the seller may not request higher prices or increase the BIN.
- Auctions must have an end date
- If there is a Reserve Price, it must be displayed in the topic or pm’d to a moderator
- Reserve Prices (minimum price that must be met) must be pm’d to a mod as soon as the sales thread is posted.
Titles to all topics must be appropriate and not misleading. 'Buzz words' such as Cheapest, Best, Fastest etc or any unnecessary symbols or characters are not allowed. You cannot advertise a sale or % off in the title. All titles in the Marketplace must use an appropriate prefix from the drop down list provided.
Any member who is found to be bidding in an attempt to increase the final selling price for the seller may receive infractions and in certain cases a ban. This also applies to members who win bids but fail to continue with purchasing without a valid reason.
Members who win bids and fail to follow through with purchases may receive warnings and in certain cases a ban. This is to prevent bidding in order to gain higher selling prices for the seller.
Sellers who claim to receive a bid over private message or on another web site where it may also be for sale must provide proof to a staff member if requested to do so.
Replying to topics
Only people directly interested in trading may reply to topics. Any 'good luck', 'trusted seller', 'nice site/design' or other comments or personal opinions deemed unnecessary will be removed. Continued posting of such replies will result with a warning or infractions.
A maximum of five positive references may be added to the bottom of the first topic. Please enter these in quote tags [quote] [ /quote]
Screenshots of a recognized traffic counter such as AWStats, Google Analytics or other similar onsite counter showing proof of traffic must be provided. The traffic statics should be relevant and not older than one month. Online guides like Alexa or Compete are not to be used as a guide to traffic levels nor should any online money value guide be used as an indicator of revenue. Screenshots of Paypal or similar approved must be provided to confirm any revenue claims. For various income sources a break down of these sources must be provided.
Bumping your own thread, or asking people to bump your thread (be that in the chat box or the forums) is expressly forbidden. Under no circumstances are you allowed to bump your marketplace thread.
If, however, your sales thread gets pushed to the inner pages and you believe it may generate interest if it's exposed to the rest of the community, you may ask a member of staff to bump it (only after 14 days).
All sales that involve the use of WHMCS, will now have to have WHMCS licensed. The use of NULLED WHMCS is NOT allowed.
WJunction is not liable or responsible for any transaction made. We are only providing means to enable webmasters and users to trade amongst themselves. If any problem occurs, please report them and we will do the best we can to rectify it, although we're limited with what we can do.
For the sake of impartiality and fairness staff members, with the exception of administrators, are not allowed to delete, edit or remove comments from their own sales, trade or similar threads and are required to report the topic like other members.
However, as you all know, we're bound to face a few scammers here and there. So use your web smarts to figure out if this is a good trade or not.
General Hosting Rules
All general forum rules apply
You must select [Selling] as the thread prefix
Post2Host offers/free web hosting are to be created under giveaways or contests only
Only a maximum of 1 topic from a host is allowed to be created in each category, regardless of the packages offered.
Providers may NOT recommend themselves in ANY thread (except their own) THROUGHOUT the forum
All hosting providers must use a valid (not nulled) billing panel, have a legitimate support system (tickets, etc - not just skype or msn or email) and a proper website with TOS.
Requests for demos are to be made via PM only if the seller advertises they offer demos.
Title Rules for Web Hosting Threads
All CAPS are NOT allowed in thread titles:
50% OFF / INSANE DISCOUNTS / HOSTINGNAME.COM / RUSSIA / etc
Hosting providers MUST state the location of their server(s) within the title and post.
Generic keywords NOT allowed, as usual:
99% uptime (or similar)
... and all other similar keywords.
Special characters are NOT allowed:
Using special characters to get attention is not allowed: --== ===- /// \\\\ *** ``` ~~~ ^^^ !!! ||||| etc
Feel free to offer these in your title and/or your sales thread. Special offers for an occasion, must be posted in the thread, not in the title.
Example of a correct title for Webhosts :
CR = Country Code in short form.
Website.com - Feature1, Feature2, Feature3 - from $0/Mo (CR)
Features = 1gbps/server details/features etc.
Other web hosting rules
Client Management, Billing & Support Solutions:
- Must use a legally licensed version. Nulled solutions are disallowed and are a considerable security risk.
- Must have a support system in place. IM/Skype does NOT count.
- Must provide direct link to client support portal
Your thread MUST include at least 1(ONE) plan details offered by you. You may link to your site for additional plans, but 1(ONE) plan listing is an absolute requirement.
The use of the word "scam"
You may have noticed a lot of infractions are being given out lately for misusing the word, "scam." These infractions will continue to be issued and could possibly have you banned. Here's why.
The term "scam" has become grossly overused here at WJunction. More often then not, even used in the incorrect context. I'm probably underestimating, but at least 97% of the threads/posts here with the word "scam" did not need to be made or could have used other words.
I, in all honestly do not believe many of you know how serious of a word that is, and what kind of damage posting a scam warning on WJ can do to a company. It's like calling out a child molester in your neighborhood. Nobody will want to go near the guy. Once Google picks up the thread anyway.
You cannot take back what you post on the internet. Look at the shoutbox. People are always posting screenshots of stuff people have said.
File hosts not paying you is not a scam - end of story. Read the terms of services. I don't care if they've paid you for years. Their terms of services gives them the right not to pay you when you upload illegal material. It sucks, but life goes on. Most -if not all- would not risk their business just to make sure you get paid for theft.
How to use different words to get your point across
"Is XYZ web hosting service a scam?"
When opening most threads with this title, the poster usually goes on to ask about uptime or support. WTF kind of thread title is that?
"Any reviews on XYZ web hosting service?"
"How is XYZ web hosting service?"
"Has anyone had any issues with XYZ web hosting services?"
So you have just been scammed by another member, eh?
Well that sucks, but hey, life happens. Think back along the way. Did it seem too good to be true? Were you doing something against the rules of WJunction? We have banned services/products for a reason.
Get all the proof you have. Gather it up and do this:
- Do not make a thread!
- Not every user is online every day. Have you given them a week or so to respond? Maybe they had a family emergency. Just because they went offline after a payment was sent and have not been on for a few days does not mean you were scammed
- Have you checked your IM, PMs, email, spam, ect?
- PM a member of staff.
How do I recognize scams?
- The offer is too good to be true
- It's against WJunction rules (premium account sales, ect.)
- The user/site has bad feedback
- Google reviews on the product/service first
- Check the whois info to see if it is real/hidden
- Unlimited web hosting does not exist
- Has the company been in business very long? Is it even a registered company?
- Are you being pushed to act fast? If so, that's being done so you do not have time to think things through
- Was the offer unsolicited? Or maybe through a private PM? A private offer gives less opportunity for others to step in and tell you you're crazy if you do it
- Promised an unrealistic amount of money? Don't let greed block your brain from thinking
- They promote huge profits for little effort. If you believe it's easy to make money online, you've never made money online
- You were probably not scammed
- Wait. Do not act right away. Give the person time to respond. Try to contact the seller/company a few times. Maybe the person is ill, had a accident, family emergency, ect
- Do not make a thread or post about it without permission (infraction and/or ban will follow for doing this)
- Contact a moderator
File host rules
The following rules apply to the file host official support section & the file host discussion sections. General forum rules are still applied in the sections.
- You MUST provide a business plan prior to creating a thread. Once this is approved, you may then create a thread. PM your business plan to M.
Your title must resemble the offer listed in your topic; failing to report your topic for title changes will result in topic closure / infraction.
- Using nulled scripts is NOT allowed. WJunction staff may at their own discretion ask for proof of ownership and expect the providers to comply. Failing to comply with staff requires will lead to suspension of advertising.
- Only owners and/or support staff can create a topic in the file host official support section.
- Remember to be professional as you are representing your own company. Report problematic users and WJunction staff will deal with them (depending on what the report is on).
- If you previously owned a file host which is now defunct (closed), you cannot advertise your new site before clearing off the dues of your previous website. You may require to create a thread calling all unpaid members and then clearing their dues. Please contact a member of staff to co-ordinate this activity.
- Any warez or copyright infringement discussion, or posting warez links in the file hosting official support section & discussion section is forbidden for both users and owners / support staff of file hosting websites.
- Advertisers are not allowed to change their rules, which would negatively influence their affiliates, without previously paying their debts toward them, so users can decide whether or not they'll stay after new rules are in place. This means that all file hosts/affiliate programs MUST announce their new rules in advance, before next payment date.
- All affiliate programs must be free-to-enter. This means, that anyone can join affiliate program, make money through it, without paying any type of membership, in order to receive earned money.
- Official file host, affiliate program representatives may use a referral link in their first post.